GEMbasil
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just confirmed my offer from Swansea, it was an unconditional one, I graduated 2 years ago!
Very exciting! Swansea was the only interview where I really felt comfortable so I think I’m going to the right place.
Nettmed16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Update - I haven’t had a response from Swansea directly, but my UCAS offer has been updated. The Foundation Degree has been removed and been replaced with copies of original certificates to be sent to Institution.
(Original post by Nettmed16)
I've just sent an email through to admissions to ask what it is referring to. Will post back when I get a response!
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

Remember, unless the official TSR rep posts a group chat that's moderated by them - no mention of them are allowed!
LHoyle-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congrats to everyone else who’s had an offer! After failing last year to get a place it’s a huge relief. Can’t wait to see everyone. Not too sure what to do with accommodation, whether to go halls or a house (cheaper).
GEMbasil
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by LHoyle-)
Congrats to everyone else who’s had an offer! After failing last year to get a place it’s a huge relief. Can’t wait to see everyone. Not too sure what to do with accommodation, whether to go halls or a house (cheaper).
I asked at the online open day and the students said that typically they get houses together rather than halls!
LHoyle-
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by GEMbasil)
I asked at the online open day and the students said that typically they get houses together rather than halls!
Yeah that’s what I was thinking, would be better. Have to see what the score is as time goes on.
gemuk2021
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My reply was deleted cause it went against the rules (i.e. mentioning of group chats elsewhere). If I can vaguely mention though, Swansea rep has told me not to worry and in the near future, the uni will contact offer holders about an online group gathering where we will be able to find prospective housemates from the same cohort etc.. I’m one!
ylime44
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hello! Congrats to everyone on offers - I was wondering if anyone is thinking of commuting to Swansea from Cardiff? I currently live full time in Cardiff and am wondering if this is a reasonable idea!
Last edited by ylime44; 3 weeks ago
jjgreen17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nettmed16)
Update - I haven’t had a response from Swansea directly, but my UCAS offer has been updated. The Foundation Degree has been removed and been replaced with copies of original certificates to be sent to Institution.
I think that's partly down to me ringing them up and being confused at the Foundation Degree wording! Thankfully I can also report that I shall be joining you all in September!
jjgreen17
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ylime44)
Hello! Congrats to everyone on offers - I was wondering if anyone is thinking of commuting to Swansea from Cardiff? I currently live full time in Cardiff and am wondering if this is a reasonable idea!
Its probably a balance on personal circumstances and preferences.

I live in Cardiff as well currently. I wouldn't think it would be such a grand idea for me personally so I am going to move to Swansea in August/Sept. I cannot drive currently (will learn during University) so this is also a factor.
Nettmed16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jjgreen17)
I think that's partly down to me ringing them up and being confused at the Foundation Degree wording! Thankfully I can also report that I shall be joining you all in September!
Brilliant!
E660
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello! Congrats to everyone on offers - I was wondering if anyone is thinking of commuting to Swansea from Cardiff? I currently live full time in Cardiff and am wondering if this is
I’m in the same position and think I will likely do the same for first year at least, especially as we don’t know how much will be online due to COVID. Hopefully we will be able to meet via the official uni ‘meet and greet’, or when we start, and possibly car share if allowed!
kanyenot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just firmed swansea! V excited to start this september
ylime44
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by jjgreen17)
Its probably a balance on personal circumstances and preferences.

I live in Cardiff as well currently. I wouldn't think it would be such a grand idea for me personally so I am going to move to Swansea in August/Sept. I cannot drive currently (will learn during University) so this is also a factor.
Thanks! I think I would be the same if I couldn't drive - you're right about personal circumstances.
ylime44
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by E660)
I’m in the same position and think I will likely do the same for first year at least, especially as we don’t know how much will be online due to COVID. Hopefully we will be able to meet via the official uni ‘meet and greet’, or when we start, and possibly car share if allowed!
Oh that's good to hear, I'm also pretty sure I'm going to try and stay in Cardiff for the first year so would be great if we could do something like that!
kanyenot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Does anyone know when the offer holder open day is?
jessamelia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I know a lot of the lecturers live in Cardiff and commute everyday so it’s definitely doable!
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Confirmed Swansea too! So excited for September what's the deal with accommodation? Has anyone applied through their portal yet or do we sort it out privately after we've met each other (hopefully soon!)
99erprmc96
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Congratulations to everyone who’s received an offer! I’m super excited but also a little nervous for September!
In regards to accommodation, my plan was to try and rent a 2/3 bed flat somewhere in the Maritime Quarter with some fellow students and do it privately (I find they are a lot nicer and not overly expensive).
But I am excited to meet people and find some roommates! 🤪
gemuk2021
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Sounds good! Erinmcinally-xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (195)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (560)
14.51%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (433)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (532)
13.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (191)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (232)
6.01%
Loneliness (325)
8.42%
Financial worries (142)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (151)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (172)
4.46%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.65%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (346)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (362)
9.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise