ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Emailed the admissions team and they said that the ______ they sent is where we should message/ post about finding people to share accommodation with
Yes, it may be but it's still against TSR rules to mention it here!

Remember our rules: do not take discussion off our forum for your protection.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Time for another reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them*, and who joins them.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

*Note: if the Swansea Uni TSR rep comes on here and posts it, then it's allowed.
Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Erinmcinally-xx)
Congratulations to everyone who’s received an offer! I’m super excited but also a little nervous for September!
In regards to accommodation, my plan was to try and rent a 2/3 bed flat somewhere in the Maritime Quarter with some fellow students and do it privately (I find they are a lot nicer and not overly expensive).
But I am excited to meet people and find some roommates! 🤪
Ah yay thanks! That sounds like the nicest option
diable.superbe
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Popped in here to say hi people! Received an offer yesterday as an international and absolutely stoked, cant wait to meet you all! Might need some assistance with housing since I will be travelling across the globe :/
Nettmed16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by diable.superbe)
Popped in here to say hi people! Received an offer yesterday as an international and absolutely stoked, cant wait to meet you all! Might need some assistance with housing since I will be travelling across the globe :/
Many congratulations! Can’t wait to meet you and the rest of the cohort in September too!
I live about 20 minutes from the University so won’t be moving but if I can help anyone with information about areas in Swansea or surrounding areas I’ll do my best.
I’m sure you’ll love Swansea, it’s a wonderful place to live and the people are so friendly! We’re also very lucky to have a great City Centre, which is currently having a new Stadium being built for concerts etc. We also have the wonderful Gower Peninsula and of course the sea and beach! 😎
DJGEMjourney
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey guys, received an offer on March 30th and I’m absolutely elated!! Still waiting on Nottingham out of curiosity but I’ll be firming Swansea once I hear back. Congrats to you all and I Iook forward to meeting you at the offers holders’ day/in September!
Last edited by DJGEMjourney; 2 weeks ago
futuregem2021
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Erinmcinally-xx)
Congratulations to everyone who’s received an offer! I’m super excited but also a little nervous for September!
In regards to accommodation, my plan was to try and rent a 2/3 bed flat somewhere in the Maritime Quarter with some fellow students and do it privately (I find they are a lot nicer and not overly expensive).
But I am excited to meet people and find some roommates! 🤪
Well done - I have to say I was glad to to see that UCAS notification come through but know I've set myself up for a lot of hard work now!

I'm interested in that set up with 3-4 peeps in a flat, and commuting in via the bike lane down the coast. Either that or a lot closer in Bynmill.

Does anyone know if it was confirmed that at the interview attendee day the society would be helping with accommodation this year? I'm not sure if it's best to start looking now.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (549)
14.65%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (419)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.95%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (334)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.39%

Watched Threads