The Student Room Group

Covid Health Passports

This is starting to become a thing. I'm not fussed about vaccines, its up to you take it. I had them when I was a child at school obviously, but we shouldnt be forced to have one to simply live in our own country.

They are going to be digital barcodes on our phones which will be scanned every time you enter a business, like supermarkets, burgerking, cinema, parks, pubs. In some countries you've always needed something like this to enter. But not to live in our own country.

If I want to go to the shops I shouldnt have to make sure I have my phone and use a handset to get scanned. It will be like living in an airport, constantly being watched and constantly getting your phone out to be scanned. Its data, data can be mined and hacked. Private businesses will know your health data. The only people who should know that stuff is yourself and your GP. Not the state, not the government, Chinese businesses or Russian, not burgerking or Cineworld. Its way too dystopian. We need to demand the government to drop this system.

When they say they are 'considering' it, it means they are willing to go ahead with it and are convincing other MP's. Email your MP NOW. Please. This is not how life should be

Scroll to see replies

You are correct of course.

We appear to be witnessing a global take-over by technocratic powers and it's doubtless all part of the secret societies' long standing aim to create a "One World Government" and then a "One World Currency". It's basically Orwell's 1984 beginning in earnest. Bagging and tagging of the public, constant surveillance, total control of their health and so on.

We have to simply stand up and say "No" in huge numbers but that's hard to achieve when the technocrats own and control the media channels and so can spoon-feed the Sheeple their propaganda and brainwash them into compliance. I don't own a Smart phone and have no intention of ever having one. Have always realised they are nothing but snooping machines logging your every movement and transaction.

This is how it all starts. Police state follows soon after.

Obey !
I think that there will be a need for some evidence for anyone to fly or travel abroad, as airlines and the country of destination will require it. The idea that it will be widespread within the UK is I think over-estimating the plans this government has.
Original post by barnet1471
I think that there will be a need for some evidence for anyone to fly or travel abroad, as airlines and the country of destination will require it. The idea that it will be widespread within the UK is I think over-estimating the plans this government has.

For a virus like this though with a massive survival rate just seems like paranoia. People I know who've had it either felt tired or just an illness like every other time they fall ill. I think the majority of cases have been unconfirmed positives but thats simply because the person doesnt feel any different. I work in a busy supermarket and we've had viruses going around in the passed. This & last year though there hasnt been that sense of 'something going around'. We've been fine and quite happy. Stressed obviously because work can be stressful but health passports within your own democratic country is just too much. WHat of the people that do not want it or cant have it? Its discriminatory on every angle
Just get on with it. It’s not a hardship, nor is it difficult to maintain. Once again, posters on here making a mountain out of a molehill.
Original post by imlikeahermit
Just get on with it. It’s not a hardship, nor is it difficult to maintain. Once again, posters on here making a mountain out of a molehill.

Thats the wrong attitude and you will regret that logic when that system expands. The government is already contracting tech companies to develop it. It will be an app on your phone which holds your data which will be scanned every time you enter said businesses. But it could expand and also link to your bank account, paypal, ebay, facebook etc. And someone can easily disable that. Its what China has. The Social Credit Score. It works exactly the same way. If you step out of line your credit score goes down and you lose rights like using public transport or buying a house for e.g

It could expand. Im not saying it WILL happen but theres a massive chance. Its not about a virus anymore they are using it as a cover to control more of your rights. I dont want to carry a barcode around especially if I just want to go my weekly shop or buy some tyres for a car for e.g

Just look into it more and what other countries are doing, America certainly is in NY. Up to you. I hope it doesnt role out. But theres no opposition in this government anymore. Opposition is important
A stupid, totalitarian and out of proportionate response (much like the lockdown) all because some new strain of flu killed less than 1% of the population. This country is a complete joke.

(As it happens I've had the vaccine but I am strongly against making it mandatory and if it were such I would leave the country asap)
Original post by Starship Trooper
A stupid, totalitarian and out of proportionate response (much like the lockdown) all because some new strain of flu killed less than 1% of the population. This country is a complete joke.

(As it happens I've had the vaccine but I am strongly against making it mandatory and if it were such I would leave the country asap)

I suppose in some lifetime you might get a pandemic but I dont think there will ever be as bad as in the past like the bubonic plague or Spanish Flu (that came from American pigs) but if there was an actual virus it most definitely mutated to become more transmissible but less deadly a virus just wants to survive and it cant without hosts to replicate.

But a lot of this was fired up simply because of the media. My granddad fell very ill Dec 2019 and was hospitalised for a week. The nurses did ask to run some tests because they were expecting a new strain. Something we didnt really know about until Late Jan 2020 (right after leaving the EU) so the media turned your attention to China and it was constantly about China. Both China and WHO said theres no panic and no human to human transmission. Some countries closed its borders, we never did. But the media was really ramping up the fear and scaring people into supporting a nationwide lockdown. So you have a lot of countries trying to copy China, telling people to stay in, imprisoning them, silencing doctors & scientists. Its really hard to tell whats really and fake now. I think a lot of footage you saw in China was fake because as soon as parts of the world locked down China was taking a massive rise as everyone else declined. We was told never to go out and mix yet certain protests and riots got a full pass. That was 1 of many flaws in this pandemic. And that on a day to day basis we were taking in 500 - 1000 illegal immigrants with nowhere to go. As of now 8,000 have illegally entered. Talks of people from Hong-Kong coming to the UK over the process of 3 years which totals up to 300,000. That is a LOT of people in one decade and theres no debate or oppostion. Its quite worrying. It will break our services as it just cant sustain these numbers.

But this virus was waaay over-exaggerated. I've still been working and mixing with many people as its part of my job I cant avoid. ANd everyone has been fine at work. No illnesses. Maybe we've absorbed it but rarely anyone falling ill. This was a 'gotcha' moment. And now that the government knows how scared some people are they can keep doing this forever. Talks of a 3rd wave already but in truth there is no 'wave' its just part of nature. We fall ill and shed viruses along the way. You cant stop people from falling ill. ANd in the process we are about to have our lives changed forever if we dont speak up now.

I never go to protests but if theres a protest about these silly digital passports I will protest to that.
Reply 8
Original post by anime<3gaming
This is starting to become a thing. I'm not fussed about vaccines, its up to you take it. I had them when I was a child at school obviously, but we shouldnt be forced to have one to simply live in our own country.

They are going to be digital barcodes on our phones which will be scanned every time you enter a business, like supermarkets, burgerking, cinema, parks, pubs. In some countries you've always needed something like this to enter. But not to live in our own country.

If I want to go to the shops I shouldnt have to make sure I have my phone and use a handset to get scanned. It will be like living in an airport, constantly being watched and constantly getting your phone out to be scanned. Its data, data can be mined and hacked. Private businesses will know your health data. The only people who should know that stuff is yourself and your GP. Not the state, not the government, Chinese businesses or Russian, not burgerking or Cineworld. Its way too dystopian. We need to demand the government to drop this system.

When they say they are 'considering' it, it means they are willing to go ahead with it and are convincing other MP's. Email your MP NOW. Please. This is not how life should be

Agreed... ish. If you want to be a doctor you must take a various vaccines. If you want to travel to some foreign countries you must be vaccinated against certain diseases. If you want to work with children you must have a DBS check. If you want to work on certain government contracts you must be security cleared.

There is a precedent. But like you say, we all have a choice. It is just the consequences are shifting and rightly so. With freedom comes duty.
Original post by hotpud
Agreed... ish. If you want to be a doctor you must take a various vaccines. If you want to travel to some foreign countries you must be vaccinated against certain diseases. If you want to work with children you must have a DBS check. If you want to work on certain government contracts you must be security cleared.

There is a precedent. But like you say, we all have a choice. It is just the consequences are shifting and rightly so. With freedom comes duty.

but will this be a constant thing though. I understand with all of the above. But lets say;

Argos for a washing machine - wheres your passport?
A drink with mates - wheres your passport?
Weekly shop - no passport no food
A theme park - no passport no fun

Stuff like that. It feels like its going to be everywhere you go. And none stop
To travel internationally? Yes of course. Each country should have the right to determine who can enter its borders. If a vaccinated person is what they want in order to help suppress any new outbreaks, then that’s what they should get.

To attend festivals or concerts? Honestly also yes. If we are to allow large gatherings of 100s / 1000s of people again, mixing such large groups of unvaccinated and vaccinated people would just create an outbreak where some people get off lightly and others not so much.

To go to the shops or enter a pub? Absolutely not. If the appropriate measures are taken in terms of mask wearing, social distancing and capacity, no.

If something is ‘essential’ or at least considered an everyday activity such as shopping or going for a pint or going out for a meal, we should not have to prove our status. For things slightly more ‘unessential’ like large grouped recreational events such as festivals and the like, then for everyone’s safety yes.

That being said, as we’ve seen in the last year everyone seems to have a different idea of what essential means 😂
Reply 11
but will this be a constant thing though. I understand with all of the above. But lets say;

Argos for a washing machine - wheres your passport?
A drink with mates - wheres your passport?
Weekly shop - no passport no food
A theme park - no passport no fun

Stuff like that. It feels like its going to be everywhere you go. And none stop

Yes. That is the problem. And if it is implemented by this government you can pretty much guarentee it will be an almighty screwup.
Original post by Starship Trooper

Please can I just ask why you decided to have the jab (gene therapy) considering you are one of the awake people who know this is all blown out of proportion and disproportionate to the "threat" and that barely 1% of the world has died from this virus? Genuine question. I personally will never be used as a test subject (this is still in experimental phase till at least 2023, the "vaccine" companies even admit this)
Original post by Changemaker 3417
Please can I just ask why you decided to have the jab (gene therapy) considering you are one of the awake people who know this is all blown out of proportion and disproportionate to the "threat" and that barely 1% of the world has died from this virus? Genuine question. I personally will never be used as a test subject (this is still in experimental phase till at least 2023, the "vaccine" companies even admit this)

It's semi compulsory for where I work part time.

Whilst I don't believe that Bill Gates and the WHO have our best interests at heart I think the vaccine itself is pretty harmless for the most part.
I'd perhaps support it if it were coupled with a sensible border policy. Given Boris's absolute refusal to put any effort in to keeping vaccine resistant variants out, it would buy us a reduction in risk for a few months at most. The price of this will be accelerating the speed at which we become a technology-controlled dystopia. Give it ten, fifteen years at most you will have a chip in your arm needed to access banking and services. Disobey the government and they'll turn off your chip. First surveillance drones will patrol the skies of London, then killer drones, then automated killer drones.
The Prime Minister is not helping by his poor communication. Just tell us a date when any plans will be announced and say nothing until then. Stop the interviews with friendly newspapers about this and related matters.
I suppose in some lifetime you might get a pandemic but I dont think there will ever be as bad as in the past like the bubonic plague or Spanish Flu (that came from American pigs) but if there was an actual virus it most definitely mutated to become more transmissible but less deadly a virus just wants to survive and it cant without hosts to replicate.

Have you seen what is happening in Brazil at the moment?

4,211 people died from covid yesterday.
Original post by markmm4226
To travel internationally? Yes of course. Each country should have the right to determine who can enter its borders. If a vaccinated person is what they want in order to help suppress any new outbreaks, then that’s what they should get.

To attend festivals or concerts? Honestly also yes. If we are to allow large gatherings of 100s / 1000s of people again, mixing such large groups of unvaccinated and vaccinated people would just create an outbreak where some people get off lightly and others not so much.

To go to the shops or enter a pub? Absolutely not. If the appropriate measures are taken in terms of mask wearing, social distancing and capacity, no.

If something is ‘essential’ or at least considered an everyday activity such as shopping or going for a pint or going out for a meal, we should not have to prove our status. For things slightly more ‘unessential’ like large grouped recreational events such as festivals and the like, then for everyone’s safety yes.

That being said, as we’ve seen in the last year everyone seems to have a different idea of what essential means 😂

So people who are against the jab won't ever be allowed to do anything fun, but at least they can go to work and buy food in the shops?
Original post by Megacent
So people who are against the jab won't ever be allowed to do anything fun, but at least they can go to work and buy food in the shops?

They may not even be able to go to work if they make it compulsory for NHS and care home workers as is being considered.
They would be able to still fly etc I believe but would have to take several covid tests at different points to prove their negative status and may have to quarantine depending on the country
The idea of vaccine passports just goes against every liberal instinct I have. I know people will say 'well why not take the vaccine? Why not get a test?' but my response is 'well, shouldn't they be able to choose?'. Even if you think it's the morally correct thing to do, it's still not your business whether people do or not- there could be all manner of reasons why they don't, and with such a massive population it's not unreasonable to assume at least some of em won't be. It's nosy at best, and discriminatory at worst- in fact, it's coercion. Don't want to? OK then- you are now excluded. Since when has that been an acceptable mindset for a liberal democracy? To go abroad, fair enough. But not within your own country. This is gonna erode trust in the gov even more, maybe even cause people to not take the vaccine out of said mistrust. A recipe for disaster logistically as well. Whatever next?

Latest

Trending

Trending