Alan Y
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,

I am an eighteen year old British citizen who hasn't lived in the UK (nor any British Overseas territory or the EU) for the past eleven years. I do have a home address that I used to live in in Essex, England , and I started my education of my first 7 years of my life there (nursery and primary school) . I was born in England and my parents are naturalised as well, so we alI have a British passport. I have a question that I couldn't find an answer for, concerning my eligibility for a student loan. Am I still considered a British citizen after this absence, thus can I apply for a student loan if I want to return this year to England to start my undergraduate degree (or foundation year if necessary) to become a doctor in the future? (The situation here in Lebanon is catastrophic, and I'm very luck to be a British citizen as well. Myَ only hope for a bright future is returning to England).

Many thanks!!
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
I know someone who did something similar! You are still eligible for home fees, and you will basically always have British Citizenship. Your parents will still be able to back up your application too :yes:

P.S. Nice Mclaren pp, though I personally prefer the Aston Martin and Apline liveries!
Alan Y
Rep:
(Original post by barror1)
I know someone who did something similar! You are still eligible for home fees, and you will basically always have British Citizenship. Your parents will still be able to back up your application too :yes:

P.S. Nice Mclaren pp, though I personally prefer the Aston Martin and Apline liveries!
Wow, thank you so much! You can't believe how calm I feel now, as it has been nerve tacking for a while. So basically, if I have lived in England for 7 years (not prior to when I begin my undergraduate course), and I'm a British citizen, then applying for a student finance loan an deceiving home fees is possible. The websites I have checked weren't very clear with my case. I hope this is true!

Aston Martin got off to a rough start, hope they can pick it up from where they left it last season 👌🏼
barror1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Alan Y)
Wow, thank you so much! You can't believe how calm I feel now, as it has been nerve tacking for a while. So basically, if I have lived in England for 7 years (not prior to when I begin my undergraduate course), and I'm a British citizen, then applying for a student finance loan an deceiving home fees is possible. The websites I have checked weren't very clear with my case. I hope this is true!

Aston Martin got off to a rough start, hope they can pick it up from where they left it last season 👌🏼
I can basically guarantee it's true because my partner did the same thing and gets home fees :woo:
Student finance can be useless for customer service but if you have British citizenship nothing should stop you :yes:

Definitely hope so, it was a shame seeing Vettel getting caught out in Q1 because of some drivers breaking etiquette...
Last edited by barror1; 7 months ago
Alan Y
Rep:
(Original post by barror1)
I can basically guarantee it's true because my partner did the same thing and gets home fees :woo:
Student finance can be useless for customer service but if you have British citizenship nothing should stop you :yes:

Definitely hope so, it was a shame seeing Vettel getting caught out in Q1 because of some drivers breaking etiquette...
The info you are giving me is immensely important, I can't thank you enough! Although I do have one last question, do you know where one must apply for a student loan? Is there any specific website you would recommend, or is it the government that gives me this benefit? This is probably my last question 😂.

Yeah, some drivers are a pain in the leg 😂. Hard race as well after contact with Ocon
Shaun SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
The info you are giving me is immensely important, I can't thank you enough! Although I do have one last question, do you know where one must apply for a student loan? Is there any specific website you would recommend, or is it the government that gives me this benefit? This is probably my last question 😂.

Yeah, some drivers are a pain in the leg 😂. Hard race as well after contact with Ocon
You would apply either on paper or via the gov UK website here > https://logon.slc.co.uk/

McLaren off to a superb start, that's what I like to see but feel bad for Seb, super unlucky in qualifying.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Alan Y
Rep:
(Original post by Shaun SFE)
You would apply either on paper or via the gov UK website here > https://logon.slc.co.uk/

McLaren off to a superb start, that's what I like to see but feel bad for Seb, super unlucky in qualifying.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Amazing to see how many people can help here, thank you so much Shaun🙌🏼.

Seems like lots of people back in the UK are Formula 1 fans😂😂😂
barror1
Rep:
Report 7 months ago

Looks like you got this sorted!

That being said though, I'm not sure qualifying would have affected Seb much after that 10 second penalty... :oops:
Alan Y
Rep:
Thank you so much Cath, very much appreciated!!

Let's hope for the best with Seb and Lance this year 💪🏼
Quite bemused
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Does this also apply for postgraduate loans, specifically for an MA? We are in a similar position in that we are all British citizens, the first 9 years of our child's life were spent in the UK and we have bank accounts here and have retained a UK address. Taxes are being paid in an EU country at present due to a parent's job requiring residence there, although our child has lived outside the EU and EEA for 12 years. The university is treating it as a UK student fees place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (16)
8.89%
Okay (54)
30%
A bit lacking (62)
34.44%
Not good at all (48)
26.67%

Watched Threads