A.p.4
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm stuck between Leicester and Bristol as my firm choices (Birmingham is definitely my insurance, offered BBB). I got into Bristol on an alternative course (Social Policy with Criminology) and I had wanted to do a year abroad, however before receiving offers of I got an offer it was going to be my firm. However, Bristol put my application on hold and then took months to reply, so I became set on Leicester, which offered me Criminology with a year abroad. I wasn't excited when I got the offer from Bristol, but now I just don't know which to choose, despite Leicester offering everything I would like. (I'm also worried I won't fit in at Leicester and one of my oldest friends are going to Bristol). Any advice would be apricated and sorry this is so long
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bristol.

There is still a chance of you swapping to a Year Abroad course in August (phone and ask) and there are other opportunities there even if your course is not 'with study abroad' - see : https://www.bristol.ac.uk/global-opp...ies/go-abroad/
mike23mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bristol is a way better-known brand than Leicester. Go to Bristol
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bristol : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khM7tjui86Q
Now compare that to Leicester.......
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by A.p.4)
I'm stuck between Leicester and Bristol as my firm choices (Birmingham is definitely my insurance, offered BBB). I got into Bristol on an alternative course (Social Policy with Criminology) and I had wanted to do a year abroad, however before receiving offers of I got an offer it was going to be my firm. However, Bristol put my application on hold and then took months to reply, so I became set on Leicester, which offered me Criminology with a year abroad. I wasn't excited when I got the offer from Bristol, but now I just don't know which to choose, despite Leicester offering everything I would like. (I'm also worried I won't fit in at Leicester and one of my oldest friends are going to Bristol). Any advice would be apricated and sorry this is so long
I get that you’re irritated with Bristol for taking so long but all the same, my suggestion is Bristol. It’s a better city and uni 🤷🏼*♀️
pineapplemango
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Bristol is gonna look way better on your resume than what Leicester will, as it is far more well-known and has a better reputation. The programmes at both unis are also gonna give you pretty much the same options for work/grad school etc, as they will cover all the same fundamental topics although the structure and content may differ. However, it will look much better with a degree from Bristol.

If you care more about reputation and quality of education I would say choose Bristol.

If you care more about having a good time while studying and making sure you get the year abroad, do Leicester. After all it is important that you are happy with where you are, and that you get a good uni experience. If you genuinely think that you will be happier at Leicester and that you do not care that much about uni reputation etc, then that is probably the right choice for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (11)
12.79%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.14%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.81%
I need help with my personal statement (35)
40.7%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (22)
25.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.33%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.65%

Watched Threads