The Student Room Group

Work experience opportunities

Hi ... I am in year 12 and looking forward to taking up Economics in Uni starting 2022. I find it very difficult to get work experience opportunities in the current situation. Please advise about how to secure work experience in banking and accounting fields. Please post info on virtual work experience opportunities
Reply 1
I'm not sure what kind of help you can get on TSR for this. I can only confirm that everyone is struggling to get work experience in most fields at the moment, with the exception of hospital volunteering for healthcare professions. And even that is scarce. As you've said, the pandemic means a lot of people are working from home, and those who are back in office are under strict rules and regulations. Chances of a company accomodating work experience, over their own staff returning, are very low. I know architecture students are facing the same thing at Uni where no companies seem to be taking voluntary work at the moment.
Universities know this, and a lot of them have eased/omitted work experience accordingly. So if you're worried about that, you shouldn't be. The most you can do is email/call relevant local businesses and ask to be put on hold for whenever volunteers are feasible for them.
Reply 2
Original post by Kabzzzy
I'm not sure what kind of help you can get on TSR for this. I can only confirm that everyone is struggling to get work experience in most fields at the moment, with the exception of hospital volunteering for healthcare professions. And even that is scarce. As you've said, the pandemic means a lot of people are working from home, and those who are back in office are under strict rules and regulations. Chances of a company accomodating work experience, over their own staff returning, are very low. I know architecture students are facing the same thing at Uni where no companies seem to be taking voluntary work at the moment.
Universities know this, and a lot of them have eased/omitted work experience accordingly. So if you're worried about that, you shouldn't be. The most you can do is email/call relevant local businesses and ask to be put on hold for whenever volunteers are feasible for them.

Thank you
Reply 3
Try uptree, they have a lot of virtual work experience right now
Reply 4
Original post by Ten-Ten
Try uptree, they have a lot of virtual work experience right now

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest