The Student Room Group

Too many cars

My boyfriends dad just buys cars, I came home from work and saw a new car on the driveway and my boyfriend tells me it's his dad's. We don't need this many cars, my boyfriend has a car, his mum has a car, his dad already has a car in the garage we don't need this many cars it's ridiculous. I live with them and when I go to work there just so many cars on the drive and it's unnecessary. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Only 3 of them drive, my bf, his mum and dad drive but they have 4 cars? My boyfriends little brother lives with us but he's 11 so too young to drive. Its just unnecessary.
Why are you living with them? You should probably focus on your own life in all honesty.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Why are you living with them? You should probably focus on your own life in all honesty.

I live with them because of my boyfriend of course, I try to focus on my own life but it's just silly I come home and our driveway is filled with cars and also the sounds of everyone going to work in the morning. I don't see why the can't share cars
You could talk to them about it but it's their call so I'd just not bother about it unless it's an inconvenience rather than just a quibble.
Reply 4
Original post by Rufus the red
You could talk to them about it but it's their call so I'd just not bother about it unless it's an inconvenience rather than just a quibble.

It is kind of inconvenience because its reducing space on our driveway and its not environmental friendly
It is kind of inconvenience because its reducing space on our driveway and its not environmental friendly

Then talk to them about it.
Bear in mind that having more cars doesn't create more emissions than using a smaller number of cars more so that argument isn't terribly well founded.
Reply 6
Original post by Rufus the red
Then talk to them about it.
Bear in mind that having more cars doesn't create more emissions than using a smaller number of cars more so that argument isn't terribly well founded.

But sometimes they use several of them at the same time
Reply 7
My boyfriends dad just buys cars, I came home from work and saw a new car on the driveway and my boyfriend tells me it's his dad's. We don't need this many cars, my boyfriend has a car, his mum has a car, his dad already has a car in the garage we don't need this many cars it's ridiculous. I live with them and when I go to work there just so many cars on the drive and it's unnecessary. I don't understand the reasoning behind this. Only 3 of them drive, my bf, his mum and dad drive but they have 4 cars? My boyfriends little brother lives with us but he's 11 so too young to drive. Its just unnecessary.

If it's his house and he is buying the cars with his own money, it's up to him, to be honest.

He might be planning to sell at least one of them but doesn't feel that he needs to discuss this with you.

If it's something which genuinely bugs you, perhaps talk to your boyfriend about the two of you getting your own flat when things get back to normal.
Reply 8
Original post by Kerzen
If it's his house and he is buying the cars with his own money, it's up to him, to be honest.

He might be planning to sell at least one of them but doesn't feel that he needs to discuss this with you.

If it's something which genuinely bugs you, perhaps talk to your boyfriend about the two of you getting your own flat when things get back to normal.

I might speak to my bf although money is a bit tight at the minute. He most likely isn't going to sell anything any time soon either. Its is upto to him but just because he's allowed doesn't mean he has to because it's a bit selfish imo
If you don't like it there the leave. Sorted
Anyone else failing to see the problem op is having?
I would be proud to have this many cars on the drive
It's not 'your' driveway, it's theirs. You don't get to complain about how many cars are on the driveway of a house that isn't even your own. Maybe just leave if you dislike living there so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending