Everyone's invited.. depicting rape culture at UK schools?

Watch
candydiva
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Over 11,000 posts... making national news in the UK I see.

https://www.everyonesinvited.uk/

I am not rlly surprised by the revelations of sexual assault and thuggery at some of these schools. British "Lads" culture can be rlly hostile and abusive when the word NO is not respected... and ppl give these actions a pass or even indulge them with pack mentality.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by candydiva)

I am not rlly surprised by the revelations of sexual assault and thuggery at some of these schools. British "Lads" culture can be rlly hostile and abusive when the word NO is not respected... and ppl give these actions a pass or even indulge them with pack mentality.
How do you think these rape problems and violent actions to women should be handled?
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
where are you even hearing about this if you don't live in the UK....

don't tell me it's gone viral 🙄

I don't beleive there is "rapey culture" in british schools. That website is picking up steam because of the sarah everard thing, and media is covering it making it pick up steam even more.

even when i was at school (a long time ago), many of stuff i hear about on that website was happening .., and regarding "sexual assualt" the girls were probably doing it more to guys more than guys were doing it to girls.

as for actual "rapes". it may seem shocking to hear of rapes on that website, but unfortunately throughout the millions of schoolpupils, there's bound to be a few. It's not like it happens every other day at the same school. obviously, condolences for anybody who has been raped .. it can't have been easy. but i really do think the media is blowing this all up, and basically looking for "another" scandal.

girls are getting angry because when they reported the rapes some of the schools did not punish the boys, but at the end of the day they are "alleged" rapes. you can't just start punishing people if there's no actual proof. obviously if there's proof like a video circulating, then by all means should the boys be punished/locked up ....but if it's just a classic case of he said/she said then i don't believe the boys should be punished. the girl should call the police, not expect the school to play judge/jury/and executioner
Last edited by ANM775; 5 months ago
candydiva
Rep:
?
Of course it's gone viral... over US media too...curious y would xpect any news not to make it across the Atlantic? We r not all ignorant of wat happens in UK...

It's not the media posting all 11,000 accounts that are currently listed... this is a #MeToo explosion. Not sure y males seek to diminish the xperiences of women who report such abuse. Next someone will say... all false...which is so typical of gaslighting of rapey culture! I just don't believe male attempts to dismiss 11,000 such accounts...we've all seen that before. Even if a few r made up...that's not a large number out of thousands.

I don't know about UK laws... but in US schools r absolutely liable for harassment conducted under their aegis (TITLE IX US Code and Davis vs Monroe County Board of Education 1999 established the legally culpable threshold of the "deliberate indifference" standard to such acts on the part of school representatives and officials). Under their aegis means at school or in any school-sponsored or school-managed activity e.g. field trips. A lot of what I read would be actionable under T9 in US.

Girls r getting angry coz of the widespread abusive habits of boys that r indulged and not corrected at schools... including rape but also a ton of sexual assault and harassments.

It'll be on GMB tomorrow prolly.
username5701862
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago

There used to be so much that happened at my school it's ridiculous.
Barely anything, that I know of, has happened as of now so I'm glad we've improved.
There was a lot of slut shaming, sharing of private videos/pictures, and stuff but now it's a lot more calmer we- although I could be wrong with the younger years.
Last edited by username5701862; 5 months ago
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Of course it's gone viral... over US media too...curious y would xpect any news not to make it across the Atlantic? We r not all ignorant of wat happens in UK...

It's not the media posting all 11,000 accounts that are currently listed... this is a #MeToo explosion. Not sure y males seek to diminish the xperiences of women who report such abuse. Next someone will say... all false...which is so typical of gaslighting of rapey culture! I just don't believe male attempts to dismiss 11,000 such accounts...we've all seen that before. Even if a few r made up...that's not a large number out of thousands.

I don't know about UK laws... but in US schools r absolutely liable for harassment conducted under their aegis (TITLE IX US Code and Davis vs Monroe County Board of Education 1999 established the legally culpable threshold of the "deliberate indifference" standard to such acts on the part of school representatives and officials). Under their aegis means at school or in any school-sponsored or school-managed activity e.g. field trips. A lot of what I read would be actionable under T9 in US.

Girls r getting angry coz of the widespread abusive habits of boys that r indulged and not corrected at schools... including rape but also a ton of sexual assault and harassments.

It'll be on GMB tomorrow prolly.
The US public doesn't hear of everything going on in the UK, just like the UK public doesn't hear about everything going on in the US.....

I assumed this wouldn't go viral.. but I guess I was naive and it has..

I'm sure stuff happens in american schools just as much, if not more than british schools. I was watching Riverdale on Netflix recently and it was happening....
I think it's blown up in the UK and attained media attention because of this sarah everand thing. US schools are no better.....

regarding sexual assaults at school, it was not taken seriously when i was at school ...but that was quite a while ago. honestly the stuff that happened at my school wasn't even classed i don't think as sexual assault, but looking back it definitely met the criteria. i think it probably is being taken a bit more seriously now, but obviously there still seems to be some cases where it's not. although I am not sure what girls expect the teacher to do exactly if a boy slaps their ass? call the police?
I don't see what they can do either if it's a simple case of he said/she said with no witnesses..
candydiva
Rep:
?
(Original post by ANM775)
although I am not sure what girls expect the teacher to do exactly if a boy slaps their ass? call the police?
I don't see what they can do either if it's a simple case of he said/she said with no witnesses..
If the teacher sees the slap then s/he must intervene! Caution the boy, inappropriate action, unwanted, and next time sanction will be severe...

The he said/she said thing is often used as cover to avoid taking action or intevention and it enables and xcuse abuse. Even a report needs investigation.. Not all reports are genuine but the act of investigation by a professional like a trained counselor is necessary even if adjudication can't be made..coz at the least it sends a signal, this bs will be taken seriously. Also, the counselor may be in possession of other reports that the complainant isn't aware of... establishing a pattern of behavior increases credibility of such reports and can point towards the need for action against the perp. We all benefit from having this stamped out.

The institutional attitude controls a lot of low-level abuse...if it's taken seriously and investigated then it has damping effect on casual and "cool" boys-will-be-boys atttude.. that makes a huge difference to the climate for girls. Prolly u don't understand that but almost all girls reading this know it very well.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
If the teacher sees the slap then s/he must intervene! Caution the boy, inappropriate action, unwanted, and next time sanction will be severe...

The he said/she said thing is often used as cover to avoid taking action or intevention and it enables and xcuse abuse. Even a report needs investigation.. Not all reports are genuine but the act of investigation by a professional like a trained counselor is necessary even if adjudication can't be made..coz at the least it sends a signal, this bs will be taken seriously. Also, the counselor may be in possession of other reports that the complainant isn't aware of... establishing a pattern of behavior increases credibility of such reports and can point towards the need for action against the perp. We all benefit from having this stamped out.

The institutional attitude controls a lot of low-level abuse...if it's taken seriously and investigated then it has damping effect on casual and "cool" boys-will-be-boys atttude.. that makes a huge difference to the climate for girls. Prolly u don't understand that but almost all girls reading this know it very well.
when i was at school this year 8 kid went up to this girl in my year (year 11) from behind and grabbed her ass and squeezed. whilst grabbing her ass, her skirt lifted up and you could see half her butt and knickers. This was right in front of the deputy head. The deputy head screwed up her face but did absolutely nothing. The year 11 girl tbh didn't actually seem seem that phased by it.

I do not think something like this would happen in 2021 though, so things must have improved.

Also when I was in college I made a friend. This friend told me that he went on a school camping trip and this girl told him she liked him basically. he didn't like her back and he rejected her. next minute this girl has complained to teachers saying my friend and his friends had ganged raped her in a tent. police was involved. eventually some time later the girl admitted she made the whole thing up. So there are times when allegations are taken seriously but the media doesn't like to focus on those as those ones don't sell as many papers. My friend however was still reeling from the false allegations, and said it was still affecting him.

and tbh, honestly these days with all this "sexual assault" stuff i do wonder just how many girls do it to boys ...because when i was at school there were plenty of girls going round pinching guys bums etc... it was far from 100% one sided.
honestly just a few days ago I was catcalled by a girl half my age in the street ...who was probably a TSR user lmao

why is there no media coverage on the double standard?
do i have to start walking around with a hidden camera or something..?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads