The Student Room Group

Access HE Radiography with Advance Learner Loan

Hi! Does anyone knows any school that offers online learning to a Access to HE diploma in Radiography and accepts Advance Leaner Loan?
The school my University recommended is private and don't accept it :frown:
If I have to attend would need to be in the South East Brighton way.
Many thanks.
Reply 1
Hi,
DistanceLearningCentre.com767EBD5D-51C2-4967-A34D-8C4FF08D7B5B.jpg.jpeg,
Don’t know about the advanced learner loan
I paid myself in instalments, no interest. Learn at your own pace
Reply 2
Yes. That’s the one the university recommended but they don’t accept the government loan. Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by Clau32
Yes. That’s the one the university recommended but they don’t accept the government loan. Thank you.

It's about £103 / month. Total Fee = £1247.00 spread over 12 months of study. I paid about £130 as I finished in 9 months.
This is so much cheaper than going physically to a college - they charge like £3000.
No travel expenses either.
But I would say it's totally worth it. Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by Barsoom
It's about £103 / month. Total Fee = £1247.00 spread over 12 months of study. I paid about £130 as I finished in 9 months.
This is so much cheaper than going physically to a college - they charge like £3000.
No travel expenses either.
But I would say it's totally worth it. Sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck!

They are the best price of all the colleges I have contacted. The problem is that I lost my job in aviation due to the pandemic and bills are piling up. I cannot access my credit card anymore and I’m in a process with a debt advice centre for a deal. Probably cannot even pass a credit check as no job yet. :frown: the government loan is my only chance. I hope someone here might know something. 🤞🏻
Reply 5
I am very sorry for your situation, I hope you can find another job soon, even if means looking for something other than aviation for a short while.
🤞🤞🤞🤞
I would check with the unis you will apply to if a local college to Brighton who is offering an Access course in Science or Health Sciences would be acceptable. That way you could apply for an Advanced Learners Loan (no credit check or need to pay back unless you don’t go on to complete a degree)
Highbury in Portsmouth do an online Access course in Science and accept ALL. Maybe contact them and your chosen unis and find out if their course is acceptable.
Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by nicknack50
I would check with the unis you will apply to if a local college to Brighton who is offering an Access course in Science or Health Sciences would be acceptable. That way you could apply for an Advanced Learners Loan (no credit check or need to pay back unless you don’t go on to complete a degree)
Highbury in Portsmouth do an online Access course in Science and accept ALL. Maybe contact them and your chosen unis and find out if their course is acceptable.
Good luck!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. That’s a great help :smile: I looked into Highbury now and from all the science courses I’ve seen so far, that’s the one that offers more relevant modules to Radiography.
I will certainly be contacting that school to start as soon as possible. I was almost given up. Have a lovely week. You just did a world of good to someone :wink:
Original post by Clau32
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. That’s a great help :smile: I looked into Highbury now and from all the science courses I’ve seen so far, that’s the one that offers more relevant modules to Radiography.
I will certainly be contacting that school to start as soon as possible. I was almost given up. Have a lovely week. You just did a world of good to someone :wink:

No problem. I was doing research for myself at the same time! 😀I live near Portsmouth and am looking at studying a science Access course myself, in order to study dietetics or occupational therapy. There are a lot of colleges within half of hour of where I live that offer in person Access courses so I’m very grateful. Highbury offer a really good choice of science and health based Access courses and looking at them it’s not totally obvious which one might be relevant to radiography, possibly the straight science one. Good luck with your application for the Access course and starting your uni journey next year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending