DSilva
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
What other white countries would you rather he label the 'model'. If your picking from a group, and you say this is the model X/Y, its usually the best, that the rest should learn from. So if he is wrong, then where else?

The only real arguement I can see is for Canada. Australia, nah.. America.. nah.. Racial surveys constantly put us as the least racist in Europe when it comes to attitudes. South Africa? nah.. etc.

He does actually mention that racism still exists, especially day to day racism and online racism. But his point is that people confuse this for institutionalised racism.

For me, I think the report shows one thing we should all be proud of. Except one group, we live in a nation where minorities all have the chance to do as well as white pupils at school - and in fact do better. That is a pretty great thing right there for equality.
You're giving too much credence to the report, in my opinion.

It was commissioned by a government that doesn't think institutional racism exists, who appointed a panel who doesn't think it exists. Tony Sewel is on record for years saying it doesn't exist.

It seems to be little more than the government marking its own homework.
Last edited by DSilva; 2 weeks ago
imlikeahermit
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh look, a report that actually tells the truth and reveals that no matter how much people bleat and whinge on, the U.K. is not institutionally racist. Can’t wait to see the left wing missionaries on here who are intent on finding an issue to start bleating on here. What a welcome change that will be.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In 2010, the chair of the Panel wrote this article claiming racism doesn't exist and black boys are too feminine
https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...mpression=true

Excuse me if I don't take his report seriously.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
In 2010, the chair of the Panel wrote this article claiming racism doesn't exist and black boys are too feminine
https://amp.theguardian.com/commenti...mpression=true

Excuse me if I don't take his report seriously.
And here’s a missionary now! Please, tell us more about our racist country that you take such offence to.
Last edited by imlikeahermit; 2 weeks ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Wasn't it independent?
A panel chosen by the Government to review the Government lead by a guy who doesn't believe in structural racism... so independent.
Last edited by DiddyDec; 2 weeks ago
TCA2b
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nothing too surprising or shocking here, but I am sure this will all be forgotten the next time the MSM decides we're overdue a few months' worth of outrage over their shoddy reporting.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Not at all. I’m not the one finding issues with a report where none exist.
Have you read the full report?
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you read the full report?
I’ve read the short summary findings. I’m assuming you have personally read the whole thing given that you’re taking so much umbrage to it?
Contested Claim
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by TCA2b)
Nothing too surprising or shocking here, but I am sure this will all be forgotten the next time the MSM decides we're overdue a few months' worth of outrage over their shoddy reporting.
You are correct. These is nothing surprising about a state commissioned report concluding the system is not rigged against ethnic minorities.

In other news, another government commissioned report concluded the state never makes mistakes.

I wish gullible people would take a more sceptical view towards the state rather than just uncritically accepting its narrative.
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve read the short summary findings. I’m assuming you have personally read the whole thing given that you’re taking so much umbrage to it?
So you haven't read the full report?
N. Auditoré
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
While i have not read it to know if it includes the medical field there are multiple reports which have shown little to no evidence of racism in the current UK police at an institutional level. The UK is not the USA (granted there used to be). I can't imagine the health service can be accused of racism though given its probably got the highest proportion of immigrant labour.

The police in the UK are arguably the biggest sufferers as an institution because they get investigated every other year and people just ignore it when they are perpetually found innocent. Hell, the police in Rochdale allowed BAME folk to rape women such was their fear of being racist in their approach.
• can you lead me to these reports? The only widespread report that I’m aware of that critically sought to ananlyse whether there was a presence of institutional racism was The Macpherson Report, you know, the one that concluded that there are many levels of institutional racism in the London Met
• because the UK is not the USA does not make it a model country, better ≠ good
• “i cant imagine the health service being accused of racism” no offence but you seem to be completely uninformed in this area based on this statement so I’m not going to be using medical points as I don’t have the energy to be explaining all that.
• Also the medical field can’t be racist because there are a lot of ethnic doctors???????? what??? that sentence makes as much sense as “i have black friends so I can’t be racist” which is little to none because they are the same sentence.
• lmao, so police let someone get raped because they were scared of some name-calling? I don’t know whether u told me this story thinking in this situation i would see ethnic minorities as the cause of this issue but all i see is incompetent police?
N. Auditoré
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not at all. I’m not the one finding issues with a report where none exist.
this is why i fail to understand those who insist institutional racism isn’t real in this country 😭 earlier fallen_acorns was talking about how all minorities have an equal chance to do well in school now meanwhile we literally just saw a school ban black kids from growing their hair or they couldn’t attend classes lmao. Like the proof contradicting your point is right there 💀 surely such a disruption affects the education of ethnic minorities, i mean the policing of black hair is nothing new.
The RAR
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by N. Auditoré)
this is why i fail to understand those who insist institutional racism isn’t real in this country 😭 earlier fallen_acorns was talking about how all minorities have an equal chance to do well in school now meanwhile we literally just saw a school ban black kids from growing their hair or they couldn’t attend classes lmao. Like the proof contradicting your point is right there 💀 surely such a disruption affects the education of ethnic minorities, i mean the policing of black hair is nothing new.
If I was a student there, I would have just used the opportunity to dip yard lol
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
So you haven't read the full report?
I’m not the one bleating on about it. Have you read it?
DSilva
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’m not the one bleating on about it. Have you read it?
You've said there were no issues with the report. How do you know there are no issues with it if you haven't read it?
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
What a shock.
But too many people are terrified of being called racist or try and pathetically justify themselves as not being racist. This whole witch hunt culture of finding racism under every corner needs to be stopped.

We need to stop apologising for being white and for our civilization and pandering to anti white extremists.
Last edited by Starship Trooper; 2 weeks ago
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Government whose Prime Minister has used language in the past that many would consider racist or Islamphobic. Any report they commission is never going to be accepted. The conclusion seems to misunderstand the term 'institutional racism' as it was originally used, in the context of the report into the police handling of the death of Stephen Lawrence.

'The collective failure of an organization to provide an appropriate and professional service to people because of their colour, culture, or ethnic origin. It can be seen or detected in processes, attitudes and behaviour that amount to discrimination through prejudice, ignorance, thoughtlessness, and racist stereotyping which disadvantage minority ethnic people.'
alexschmalex
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pretending institutional racism doesn't exist is like saying institutional sexism doesn't exist. One doesn't have to explicitly state that they are denying you an opportunity/fair chance/respect/etc because of your color for them to take actions that clearly show a difference in treatment.

The "report" is a joke but their "findings" are also not surprising at all. History is written by the winners and they will never admit to anything that might besmirch their image too much.

I don't think anyone serious was really anticipating this report in order to finally decide if racism exists or not, they either already knew or didn't care.
N. Auditoré
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by The RAR)
If I was a student there, I would have just used the opportunity to dip yard lol
Same, if my school told me I couldn’t wear my ‘fro i would honestly just stop going lmao, I’m not cutting nuffin 😹😹 yard everyday would be the move
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You've said there were no issues with the report. How do you know there are no issues with it if you haven't read it?
Because the short findings have said there is no institutional racism. Again, just to be clear, since your the one bleating on, have you read the report? If it’s not a yes on the next reply I’m gonna assume it’s a no.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (145)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (436)
14.7%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (333)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (413)
13.92%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (138)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (180)
6.07%
Loneliness (255)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (121)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (135)
4.55%
Lack of real life entertainment (160)
5.39%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (261)
8.8%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (280)
9.44%

Watched Threads