JellyBean32
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Lol, so I’ve confirmed my offer and applied for accommodation XD. Studying Computer Science, kinda nervous at the quality of it HOWEVER I love the uni so much, it’s a new course, every course starts somewhere I guess. I’m predicted A*AAB right now. I just want to know how employable I would be after my degree, aiming to graduate with a high class ( hopefully a 1st but a 2:1 is also cool)? Like what extracurricular things could I do? Is there anything online which anyone recommends? I want to have the same chance as someone from a better uni. (I didn’t do Alevel CompSci so that’s why I’m here, I didn’t like the other unis I applied to either)
FreddieW
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by JellyBean32)
Lol, so I’ve confirmed my offer and applied for accommodation XD. Studying Computer Science, kinda nervous at the quality of it HOWEVER I love the uni so much, it’s a new course, every course starts somewhere I guess. I’m predicted A*AAB right now. I just want to know how employable I would be after my degree, aiming to graduate with a high class ( hopefully a 1st but a 2:1 is also cool)? Like what extracurricular things could I do? Is there anything online which anyone recommends? I want to have the same chance as someone from a better uni. (I didn’t do Alevel CompSci so that’s why I’m here, I didn’t like the other unis I applied to either)
Congrats on your offer and accommodation. I'm sure your employability in computing is probably high. But it also depends on what you want to do in your job after uni. And if your course's modules prepare you for that job. Such as if you don't want to be coding a lot in your job or just manage a team with your knowledge of computer science.

Hope this helps
Last edited by FreddieW; 4 months ago
JellyBean32
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by FreddieW)
Congrats on your offer and accommodation. I'm sure your employability in computing is probably high. But it also depends on what you want to do in your job after uni. And if your course's modules prepare you for that job. Such as if you don't want to be coding a lot in your job or just manage a team with your knowledge of computer science.

Hope this helps
Hi!. I have asked the department for a bit more of a insight into the modules. I am looking into various job roles now, I think I’d best suit IT technician or something like that. Thank you for your help
stem_leader
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Do you know what you would like to do after your degree? I hire software engineers (not a recruiter, I am a manager in tech), and I can help let you know what I look for, and the kind of things to do as extra-curricular work to encourage hiring managers to give you a job if I know roughly what you're looking to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (49)
28.82%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.24%
No I am happy with my choice (95)
55.88%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (12)
7.06%

Watched Threads