Tips on revision?

Watch this thread
Girlbyeee
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have my mocks coming up in a week and i have no motivation at all to revise and make notes (i found that makinh notes are really useless actually) so any tips on revising science and maths without making notes? Or alot of writing i just need to get everything in my head😅but idk how too
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi Girlbyeee :hello:

During my time in education, I found that my revision really started sticking a lot better when I learned how I best liked to revise. A good tip to remember is 'Study SMART Not Long'. It's much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.

SMART stands for:

o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just let me know!

Melissa
tsukife
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Girlbyeee)
I have my mocks coming up in a week and i have no motivation at all to revise and make notes (i found that makinh notes are really useless actually) so any tips on revising science and maths without making notes? Or alot of writing i just need to get everything in my head😅but idk how too
maths - i rlly like the yt channel 'the gcse maths tutor'
science - if i don't understand something, i watch yt vids and i rlly like the channel 'cognito'. i use freesciencelessons if cognito does not have a vid on it, or just anyone else
revise topics you rlly struggle at and maybe get a study buddy to help you out and motivate u! all the best x
Girlbyeee
Rep:
(Original post by Liverpool Hope University)
Hi Girlbyeee :hello:

During my time in education, I found that my revision really started sticking a lot better when I learned how I best liked to revise. A good tip to remember is 'Study SMART Not Long'. It's much easier to implement a regular and successful study schedule if you are studying SMART.

SMART stands for:

o Set yourself goals.
o Make study techniques that promote greater results.
o Ask for help.
o Reward yourself for progress.
o Take a Break.

S: Set yourself goals for study. For example, make up an exam/essay question and work towards answering it.
M: Remember VARK. Are you a Visual learner, Audio learner, Reading learner or Kinetic learner. Use study techniques that will promote the best learning for yourself.
A: If you are struggling with anything ask your teacher for help. Their job is to help you with your studies. Alternatively, use study guides or the internet to help breakdown tough subjects.
R: When you hit your goals, complete work and meet important deadlines reward yourself with treats. For example, make watching an episode of your favourite show your reward for completing tasks.
T: When you’ve finished studying take breaks. Go for a walk, hang with friends or get a cup of tea and watch TV. It’s important not to overdo revising.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just let me know!

Melissa
Thankyou so muchhh!
Girlbyeee
Rep:
(Original post by Nikilsaid)
there is no point in revising, i do not think this government will let anyone sit any exams as they have to 'protect the vulnerable' (who are on their last legs anyways :/)
I have to actually they are making us to mini exams and stuff which will all go towards our grades
eriolu
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My best tips are:
- Make a ‘study space’ in your bedroom, like a desk, that has everything you need for studying so that you don’t need to get up and get stuff during your study time, causing distractions.
- Drink lots of water! Water helps your brain function, so drinking the right amount of water will help you stay focused and improve your memory.
- Switch off electronics! (Unless they are needed for revision) Switching off your phone or other electronics is really beneficial because it minimises distractions - even though I know it is tricky!
- Have some music playing in the background. Just make sure that the song does NOT have lyrics, eg a song without words, as this is really distracting! But music without words can help your brain to focus better.
- Use lots of colour! Write key phrases in colour or highlight the important information to make it stand out - this will make sure that you are more likely to remember it.
- Instead of one long study session, break it up into study sessions that are 30 minutes long, and have a 15-30 minute break in between them. This will provide your brain with the necessary time it needs to absorb all the information.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Girlbyeee)
Thankyou so muchhh!
Hi Girlbyeee

No problem! Any questions just let me know!

Melissa
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads