SameenaKhan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi everyone!

I found out yesterday that I had passed the online assessment centre (after 3 weeks of painful waiting🥴)

I am still waiting on back to book the final interview, but wondered if anyone knows what sort of questions I should prepare for. Or if you're in the same boat as me, we could talk about it?!

Applied for Greater Manchester Police😃

Thanks🤍
LewisWalm
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey there I’m in the exact same situ now, awaiting my final interview for GMP, exciting and nervous haha! Hopefully we can get some tips 😄All the best!
SameenaKhan
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by LewisWalm)
Hey there I’m in the exact same situ now, awaiting my final interview for GMP, exciting and nervous haha! Hopefully we can get some tips 😄All the best!
Good luck! Have you found any sort of information about the interview?
Royal Rings
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
As a copper, you would have to take an oath to arrest your own parents, do you swear to do so? If yes, I am sure you will make a great addition to the old bill.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Royal Rings)
As a copper, you would have to take an oath to arrest your own parents, do you swear to do so? If yes, I am sure you will make a great addition to the old bill.
“I do solemnly and sincerely declare and affirm that I will well and truly serve the Queen in the office of constable, with fairness, integrity, diligence and impartiality, upholding fundamental human rights and according equal respect to all people; and that I will, to the best of my power, cause the peace to be kept and preserved and prevent all offences against people and property; and that while I continue to hold the said office I will to the best of my skill and knowledge discharge all the duties thereof faithfully according to law.”

I don't see anything there about arresting my parents.
LewisWalm
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SameenaKhan)
Good luck! Have you found any sort of information about the interview?
I’ve not really found much to be honest with you, however I did find the stuff on how2become.com very useful for the other stages! What about yourself?
How have you found the overall process so far?

Lewis
SameenaKhan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Rings)
I hope it would never come to that! But if they did wrong, 100%
SameenaKhan
Rep:
?
I’ve not really found much to be honest with you, however I did find the stuff on how2become.com very useful for the other stages! What about yourself?
How have you found the overall process so far?

Lewis
I've found a few things on Blue Light group on Facebook, are you part of the group?

I thought I messed the OAC up to be honest, but surprisingly passed. I'm more nervous about the fitness test really as I'm not that fit lol
LewisWalm
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by SameenaKhan)
I've found a few things on Blue Light group on Facebook, are you part of the group?

I thought I messed the OAC up to be honest, but surprisingly passed. I'm more nervous about the fitness test really as I'm not that fit lol
No I’m not part of the group, I had a brief look before but think you have to pay for it right? Unless I’m looking at the wrong thing ha!

Online assessment was tough but it’s brilliant we’ve passed that now. Imagine the final interview will be in person though? Don’t imagine they’ll do a Zoom session with something like this
SameenaKhan
Rep:
?
No I’m not part of the group, I had a brief look before but think you have to pay for it right? Unless I’m looking at the wrong thing ha!

Online assessment was tough but it’s brilliant we’ve passed that now. Imagine the final interview will be in person though? Don’t imagine they’ll do a Zoom session with something like this
The group is free to join and there's lots of questions and answers about the whole process from people going through the same thing. Unfortunately they can't exactly tell us what happens at the interview because it's different for each force, plus the admin would remove you.

There's also a free webinar based on the final interview, worth a join? Or if you want I can forward it on through email.

I thought it might be like the competency interview, just different questions.

Hoping we won't be waiting long to find out more information!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (52)
19.7%
Virtual accommodation tour (36)
13.64%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (12)
4.55%
Video content about the local area (2)
0.76%
Webinars with lecturers (9)
3.41%
Taster lectures or seminars (61)
23.11%
Speak to current students studying my course (58)
21.97%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (11)
4.17%
Fun online activities or experiences (9)
3.41%
Connecting with careers services or employers (6)
2.27%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (3)
1.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (5)
1.89%

Watched Threads