The Student Room Group

Is it cheating if your partner sends flirty text to his ex?

I found out that my boyfriend has been sending flirty text messages to his ex, every month for last two years. We have been together for four years.

He tells me that its not cheating because she never responded/flirted with him back. I never got cheated on in my past relationships so I don't know what to make out of this..
doesn't matter if his ex didn't respond, why tf is he texting her behind ur back? ure better off without him tbh if he appreciated you enough, he'd never do tht.
I would consider it cheating
Cheating or not it’s SUPER *****y behaviour because there’s obviously intent behind it, whether you want to class the messages as cheating is debatable but in my opinion that shouldn’t matter, cheating or not that’s a nasty thing to do for so long. Good on his ex for ignoring him but the fact keeps trying anyway (for 2 years!) is 1. Creepy to his ex who’s obviously not interested. and 2. Super horrid to you because that level of continuous attempt at flirting with one person really does suggest if he had the chance he would cheat with them. I know you’ve been together for a while but you’re wayyyy better off getting out now before he just gets worse. He obviously sees nothing wrong with his behaviour and it’s wonder what else he’s been up to tbh if he doesn’t think sending flirty messages every month to his ex for 2 years isn’t a problem 😔 I recommend breaking up with him, he’s just not the kind if person you want to be with if he’s doing that with no remorse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending