The Student Room Group

Im convinced a member of staff does not like me and I cant figure out why

(guys if you comment please try not to quote the post-thank you!)
I had a bad day today and just needed somewhere to talk about it . Theres a member of staff who I'm sure hates me, not really 100% sure why, but I think that she has a reason but as to what I dunno.

First issue, she comes into my teaching room and shouts out - who are you then... I said who I was and her immediate response was 'honestly I had a *my name* once and she was an utter b****. So I took a second and just laughed it off but actually deep down it really hurt, I have such a low self esteem right now I didn't need to hear it, all it made me think was she doesn't even know me and she hates me.

Then today I was handling some behaviour issues and she waltzed over and said 'you can just do xyz' but I was fine and handling it. We then have a coffee machine which requires a special coin and we can only use that if we have supported in the detention room - so I asked her (in fairness there was a student she was helping at the time ) but I asked and she just said 'no we dont' I feel she may have had one but she didn't want to let me have one anyway.

Thankfully a member of the catering team saw me about to pay and offered me one which made me feel a little better. I just feel really low and tbh a bit teary while typing it. She comes across as a bit mean and anytime I see her it just upsets me a bit.

Help:frown:
Just try and limit the frequency with which you are required to deal with the teacher. This is the best bet. It's difficult to be an adult around other adults, and especially with a profession like teaching there is going to be an inevitable clash of personalities and styles. Just make sure you focus on the students and the colleagues that have good etiquette around you or don't rub you the wrong way. You could try talking to other colleagues at the school to see if her personality is normal.. Whether she's just naturally... Hyperactive I guess, or whether she's genuinely trying to bully you.

If however, the problem that she has with you is glaringly obvious to the other students, and if you feel this behavior is getting in the way or obstructing your ability to teach and thus the students' ability to learn then I would recommend reporting her.
Original post by w678
I had a bad day today and just needed somewhere to talk about it . Theres a member of staff who I'm sure hates me, not really 100% sure why, but I think that she has a reason but as to what I dunno.

First issue, she comes into my teaching room and shouts out - who are you then... I said who I was and her immediate response was 'honestly I had a *my name* once and she was an utter b****. So I took a second and just laughed it off but actually deep down it really hurt, I have such a low self esteem right now I didn't need to hear it, all it made me think was she doesn't even know me and she hates me.

Then today I was handling some behaviour issues and she waltzed over and said 'you can just do xyz' but I was fine and handling it. We then have a coffee machine which requires a special coin and we can only use that if we have supported in the detention room - so I asked her (in fairness there was a student she was helping at the time ) but I asked and she just said 'no we dont' I feel she may have had one but she didn't want to let me have one anyway.

Thankfully a member of the catering team saw me about to pay and offered me one which made me feel a little better. I just feel really low and tbh a bit teary while typing it. She comes across as a bit mean and anytime I see her it just upsets me a bit.

It may be that you got off on the wrong foot,

I’m not sure I understand the dynamics- are you a trainee/new?
Original post by w678

prob just had a bad day and is a grudge holder, which explains why she still remembers that other student who shares ur name
Don't let what others say bother you. She's likely on edge or had a bad day/etc, like Shadow said.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending