The Student Room Group

Keep getting rejected from jobs on my medicine gap year

I've applied to like 15 waiter/barista jobs in my local area and keep getting rejected :/ any tips on landing a gap year job easily?
Reply 1
You are applying for low paid work during a period where unemployment is high. You are also applying for businesses who have probably had to remain closed for large periods of the last year. So it is going to be extremely tough.

Make sure your CV is up to scratch - use the free TSR CV service for that:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=339
(edited 2 years ago)
Have you thought about looking on NHS Jobs website and seeing if there are any healthcare assistant jobs or similar available? Or nursing home/carer jobs?
I will be on a gap year this year, luckily I already have a job, however it took me over a year to find it. To make things easier try applying to agencies as well, I was rejected from every single job I applied to and only got accepted onto an agency. I would also say diversify what type of jobs you are applying for and don't be picky! I am doing a hospital cleaning job rn, but its good money and has set me up to get a full time catering assistant role. It might take a while to find that first job, but once you do it opens doors for sure. Its a tough job market rn so stay strong, keep being persistant and you willl get something

Quick Reply

Latest