The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level geography mock

Does anyone done an edexcel a level geography mock with the 20 mark coast question about evaluate the impact of climate change on coastal flooding? Do you know what year the paper was?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Safakhan25
That was from the 2020 Paper. I have done that paper both the human and physical paper.Paper 2 questions were as follows:4 marker - How has the rising middle class affected resources in emerging superpowers.20 marker - How has nationalism affected globalisation6/8 marker (forgot) - how do TNCs affect superpowers economy.6 marker - how has global and international events shaped your local places social characteristics4 marker - how do new nations states cause conflict8 marker - governments and NGOs opinions on tax havensThe topics I did was superpowers, globalisation, regeneration and migration identity and sovereignty.Let me know if you want the questions i did for paper one as well. Hope this helps.

Thank you sm!! Very helpful! 😁
Reply 2
Original post by Talia23567
That was from the 2020 Paper. I have done that paper both the human and physical paper.Paper 2 questions were as follows:4 marker - How has the rising middle class affected resources in emerging superpowers.20 marker - How has nationalism affected globalisation6/8 marker (forgot) - how do TNCs affect superpowers economy.6 marker - how has global and international events shaped your local places social characteristics4 marker - how do new nations states cause conflict8 marker - governments and NGOs opinions on tax havensThe topics I did was superpowers, globalisation, regeneration and migration identity and sovereignty.Let me know if you want the questions i did for paper one as well. Hope this helps.

would you be able to say any questions you remember from paper 1 please :smile:
Original post by avo444
would you be able to say any questions you remember from paper 1 please :smile:

Do u know any for carbon? I know a few. We can trade loool

What about carbon?
Reply 5

what were the regeneration questions do you remember?
Reply 6

and do you know the globalisation questions?
dose anyone know the questions on 2020 edexcel paper 1(Geography) topics: Tectonics, Coastal landscapes, Water
(edited 2 years ago)

Do you remember the questions for paper 1 aswell
Original post by Estelle34
Do u know any for carbon? I know a few. We can trade loool

Please could you let me know any that you remember. It would be so helpful!
Reply 12
anyone know any questions from 2019
Do you remember any of the questions from paper 1?
Original post by Hamzeno132
Do you remember any of the questions from paper 1?

Theyre in the paragraph above.
hi please send paper 1 questions, would be so grateful

Original post by Buevrim
hi please send paper 1 questions, would be so grateful

just done paper 1 today loool
Original post by Buevrim
just done paper 1 today loool

Do you remember any of the questions and how you answered them? xx
Original post by xox13579
Do you remember any of the questions and how you answered them? xx

hi yes, one on tectonics was smt about effectiveness of managing the impacts of a tectonic hazard and i just mentioned how poor governance and corruption (like china or haiti) play a role in effectiveness of management and modifying the event so things like lava diversion, sea walls for tsunamis(although can be overtopped for example in japan tohku 2011). also mentioned modifying vulnerability so like earthquake resistant buildings and the hazard management cycle.
question on carbon 8 marker was energy pathways-i mentioned the gas disruption in russia who cut ukraine supplies which impacted europe and also geopolitical implications arise. carbon 12 marker on i think renewables-j mentioned wind and solar but also mentioned hydrogen fuel cells which i’m not sure was relevant.
20 marker on water was sustainable management and water insecurity (i mentioned uganda rainwater harvesting jars, 4taps approach in singapore and virtual water in israel aswell as murray darling basin)
20 marker on coastal recession (i mentioned lithology, strata, marine factors like high energy coastlines and also human activity like hard engineering.
6 marker on storm hydrograph i ***d up
3 marker on el niño i **** up also
some easy maths thing it basically tells u it
6 marker on isostatic change
6 marker on lsd
T

Original post by Buevrim
hi yes, one on tectonics was smt about effectiveness of managing the impacts of a tectonic hazard and i just mentioned how poor governance and corruption (like china or haiti) play a role in effectiveness of management and modifying the event so things like lava diversion, sea walls for tsunamis(although can be overtopped for example in japan tohku 2011). also mentioned modifying vulnerability so like earthquake resistant buildings and the hazard management cycle.
question on carbon 8 marker was energy pathways-i mentioned the gas disruption in russia who cut ukraine supplies which impacted europe and also geopolitical implications arise. carbon 12 marker on i think renewables-j mentioned wind and solar but also mentioned hydrogen fuel cells which i’m not sure was relevant.
20 marker on water was sustainable management and water insecurity (i mentioned uganda rainwater harvesting jars, 4taps approach in singapore and virtual water in israel aswell as murray darling basin)
20 marker on coastal recession (i mentioned lithology, strata, marine factors like high energy coastlines and also human activity like hard engineering.
6 marker on storm hydrograph i ****ed up
3 marker on el niño i ****ed up also
some easy maths thing it basically tells u it
6 marker on isostatic change
6 marker on lsd

Thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest