Speech and Language Therapy ulster University

Watch this thread
Bex1985
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone currently on SLT course at ulster or those due to start 2021
Last edited by Bex1985; 1 year ago
JoeySP
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bex1985)
Anyone currently on SLT course at ulster or those due to start 2021
Hi! I’m gunna starting in 2022 (applied this year for deferred entry) 😊 So excited for it - kinda wish I could start this year haha
Bex1985
Rep:
(Original post by JoeySP)
Hi! I’m gunna starting in 2022 (applied this year for deferred entry) 😊 So excited for it - kinda wish I could start this year haha
I'm so impatient to find out what the timetables are usually like as I plan to try and keep on some hours in my job! But looks like I'll have to wait impatiently haha!
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm so impatient to find out what the timetables are usually like as I plan to try and keep on some hours in my job! But looks like I'll have to wait impatiently haha!
Yeah, it would be good to know how the time table is going to work - especially when they move to Magee! Seems crazy that the lecturers are probably gunna have to travel between the Belfast and Magee campuses for postgrad and undergrad courses
Bex1985
Rep:
Yeah, it would be good to know how the time table is going to work - especially when they move to Magee! Seems crazy that the lecturers are probably gunna have to travel between the Belfast and Magee campuses for postgrad and undergrad courses
I went to magee first time round about 15 years ago and it's a nice campus just quite a drive so I'm happy I'm getting at least 1 year in Jordanstown!
username5804485
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hello! I’m starting in September 2021, looking forward to it!
HannahJW1234
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hello, I’m also starting in September 2021!
ebyrne2036
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Thinking for september 2022
Bex1985
Rep:
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by username5804485)
Hello! I’m starting in September 2021, looking forward to it!
Have you started all the health screening! My head is fried with it already but slowly working through
HannahJW1234
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Yes there’s so much!
I’m not even 100% sure which ones we need to do and I’ve emailed the uni but they haven’t got back to me,
One of the girls has started a group chat on WhatsApp there’s only 3 of us so far but if you private message me your number I can get her to add you if you’d like!
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hey! I had applied for deferred entry, starting Sept 2022 but things have changed and I’m thinking of starting this September instead!! Have any of you heard anything from Ulster about whether the course will be taught face to face from the start or is it going to be mostly zoom lectures to begin with?
Bex1985
Rep:
Hey! I had applied for deferred entry, starting Sept 2022 but things have changed and I’m thinking of starting this September instead!! Have any of you heard anything from Ulster about whether the course will be taught face to face from the start or is it going to be mostly zoom lectures to begin with?
No info on timetables out yet but it is to be sent to us in August at some point according to an email I had. The intro week is from 13th September and teaching begins 20th September so I'd like to think we will hear in next couple of weeks
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Eek! That’s soon! I wonder if we have to be around much for the intro week? Would only just have enough time to work out my notice period by the 20th haha
Bex1985
Rep:
It's hard to

Eek! That’s soon! I wonder if we have to be around much for the intro week? Would only just have enough time to work out my notice period by the 20th haha
It's hard to know but I was thinking we'd prob just have 1 induction day. There's also a load of health questionnaire stuff needs done by end of this month just a heads up!
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Ahh thanks - better get on with making my mind up haha
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Can I ask you guys what student finance was available for you? Just been looking at applying and it’s saying that we can’t apply for the maintenance grant because we’re eligible for the NHS bursary. Was that the same for you all? I thought only nursing students got the bursary
Bex1985
Rep:
Can I ask you guys what student finance was available for you? Just been looking at applying and it’s saying that we can’t apply for the maintenance grant because we’re eligible for the NHS bursary. Was that the same for you all? I thought only nursing students got the bursary
I found it all very confusing as I've already done undergrad I am not entitled to a loan. I'm currently buying a house so am waiting until that is sorted before I start looking further into it!
JoeySP
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I found it all very confusing as I've already done undergrad I am not entitled to a loan. I'm currently buying a house so am waiting until that is sorted before I start looking further into it!
Good luck with the house!!
It is all super confusing but if it helps, you should still be eligible for funding because this course is a health professionals one - I’ve already done an undergrad too
MamaO
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for intake sept 2022. Kind of nervous about applying as last time I studied was 2013
Bex1985
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by MamaO)
Hi all, I'm thinking of applying for intake sept 2022. Kind of nervous about applying as last time I studied was 2013
Go for it! I last studied in 2008 and I'm in first year!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
29.41%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
41.18%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.92%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
3.92%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.84%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.76%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.96%

Watched Threads