Emma3391
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I've been with the company since Aug' 20 and started my college course in the September I am a distinction grade student who the my college enjoy to help.

Now the reason I am contemplating quitting. I feel like I have very little support at work and everything I have learn either thorough college or good old google is not sufficient. I have the comments from my employer about me not being as good as the other team members. I don't feel like I fit in their bubble and in the last month I've had numerous comments from the person in charge about him wanting to hire more people regardless that I am there and feel like no one has time to train me.

And when they do have the time to remotely help, I feel like I am a burden because I can't remember something that they showed me last year. It doesn't help that I also get comments about how the team (even the new guy) have been having a chat about me.

I have a shoulder injury at this moment in time and stupid me went to work and still tried to keep going however, I am not allowed to lift anything... not an hour later I am lifting things.

I've hit my limit with wanting to be there but I need that pesky certificate I have managed to get my Microsoft accreditations completed early.

So can anyone give me any advice as what to do. Oh i'm in the IT field.
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes you can quit. Just give the employer your notice (how long will depend on company policy but 2 weeks is usually the standard)
and also notify whichever organisation is overseeing the study aspect that you’re withdrawing
Emma3391
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by WantBeAnonymous)
Yes you can quit. Just give the employer your notice (how long will depend on company policy but 2 weeks is usually the standard)
and also notify whichever organisation is overseeing the study aspect that you’re withdrawing
But will i have to pay any fees also will this look bad for a new job?
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Emma3391)
I don’t know about fees but unless you get fired or have a pattern of jumping between jobs (which you presumably don’t), leaving a job is not usually looked on as bad
FalloutZappy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Am in a position where i could apply for the same role, am an apprentice learning that same job, but i have learned and asked my manager if i can, they supported me. But being in a position where i might need payback course fees etc. And don't worry i have had two around pen pushy managers who think they are god in their office, while I and my colleagues do the work.

To be honest, you shouldn't be lifting things? have to do something called manual handling training or something specific you have the right to heal and recover from an injury.
48Percent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Emma3391)
No, you cannot be forced to pay back any 'fees', as per the Employer funding rules:

E69 To use funds in your apprenticeship service account or government-employer co-investment, the individual (the apprentice) must:
E69.3 Not be asked to contribute financially to the cost of training, on-programme or end-point assessment. This includes where the individual has completed the programme successfully or left the programme early. Costs include any co-investment or additional training and assessment costs, above the funding band, that you have paid directly to the main provider where this is part of the agreed apprenticeship.

Whether it looks bad or not for other jobs.. debatable. I would say no, so long as you are comfortable explaining why you left and it's not just a case of 'I didn't like it'. Barely anyone likes their jobs, a recruiter would be happier hearing the specific reasons why working there became unaccaptable.

I worked for a few months and then quit a job- due to issues I had with the job. This was not a problem for securing further employment (I have worked two jobs since then), as I was able to explain valid reasons for leaving. My reasons for leaving were:

• Monthly wage being delayed on multiple occasions
  • Underpaid numerous times
  • Being told to sign a contract for a salary lower than advertised, three weeks into the job (a week before payday) or leave
  • Lack of support from the managerial team when it was absolutely required (first week dealing with customers, barely any support with using the new systems)
  • Technical issues with my employer account that were not resolved after 2 months of nearly daily 'is there any news on this yet'.

TLDR: No, you cannot be charged for leaving early. Whether or not it 'looks bad' to future recruiters depends on the reasons you have left.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (136)
4.75%
Uncertainty around my education (421)
14.72%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (322)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (401)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (128)
4.47%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (175)
6.12%
Loneliness (248)
8.67%
Financial worries (104)
3.64%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (116)
4.05%
Exposure to negative news/social media (131)
4.58%
Lack of real life entertainment (153)
5.35%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (254)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (272)
9.51%

Watched Threads