has anyone applied for any apprenticeships recently and got it?

Watch
username5703502
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
like right now?
maishamss
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yeah! applied to morgan stanley in feb and got an offer a few days ago, and applied to EY in october and got an offer in november. waiting on a few others rn
username5703502
Rep:
?
(Original post by maishamss)
yeah! applied to morgan stanley in feb and got an offer a few days ago, and applied to EY in october and got an offer in november. waiting on a few others rn
really? can you give me some tips on how to be successful for them to call you for an interview? I thought you can do 1 apprenticeship at a time?
maishamss
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anony345754)
really? can you give me some tips on how to be successful for them to call you for an interview? I thought you can do 1 apprenticeship at a time?
yeah you can only do one at a time but u can apply to loads and get offers from loads but you decline the offers which u wont do.

for me i have a bunch of experience which is really useful, and unfortunately most of the programs which allowed me this experience are shutting down this year ig my advice is do as much as you can so it looks impressive
domesticengineer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My daughter applied for a couple - she passed the BT assessment centre for data analyst but sadly there aren't enough postitions for everyone who passed. She has got through to the assessment centre with IBM but sadly going to cancel as it clashes with exams - seems like her school is doing about a month of mini assessments and exams every day after Easter - so thought it's best to reduce the stress levels and cancel applying for apprenticeships now. It's been quite a process just to apply - sitting tests - presentations - application forms etc. Think she'll end up going down the uni route. It's a shame as she really wanted to work for BT and had done work experience there over the years too. Well done on everyone who got one -it's quite a competitive process - with not many places - but is a great opportunity.
username5703502
Rep:
?
(Original post by domesticengineer)
My daughter applied for a couple - she passed the BT assessment centre for data analyst but sadly there aren't enough postitions for everyone who passed. She has got through to the assessment centre with IBM but sadly going to cancel as it clashes with exams - seems like her school is doing about a month of mini assessments and exams every day after Easter - so thought it's best to reduce the stress levels and cancel applying for apprenticeships now. It's been quite a process just to apply - sitting tests - presentations - application forms etc. Think she'll end up going down the uni route. It's a shame as she really wanted to work for BT and had done work experience there over the years too. Well done on everyone who got one -it's quite a competitive process - with not many places - but is a great opportunity.
you can’t be in full time education if you are applying to apprenticeships.
bassplayer347
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I've applied to 24 so far - I've received 13 rejections so far but just got my offer from BT to study Software Engineering so I'm feeling okay about all those rejected applications lmao

I'm also attending an assessment centre for IBM on the 16th
48Percent
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
To answer your question, hundreds of people have recently started their apprenticeship.
There is a massive push for apprenticeships as of this year- with April 1st marking the day the latest Employer Incentive scheme launched, which has also now made over 18's more enticing as candidates where previously the main demographic was 16-18 year olds.
bassplayer347
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ehyy4324)
same i have the ac on the 16th
have you got given any information about the presentation yet ??
nice! this is the info i got:

The presentation should last between 10 and 15 minutes, followed by 5 minutes of questions about the content. There will also be a follow up interview after the presentation.
· You will be presenting 1-to-1 to an interviewer rather than a large audience.
· We encourage you to be creative, so your presentation can take any format you wish and you do not have to use PowerPoint. If you choose to present on Powerpoint or similar, you will be asked to share your screen with your interviewer on WebEx, however, please still send your presentation to us beforehand so we have a copy in case of technical difficulties. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you are no longer attending.
· Please cover ALL 4 topics below:
When you are presenting you will be able to talk through your presentation to the assessor. We are not able to provide guidance on the content or format of your presentation.

Tell us about your whole self in pictures only! (No text, all 4 sections)
TIP: We want to know more about you than just your university/college and what work experience you may have - we're interested in learning about what makes you special and unique.
AND
Tell us about a time when you have had an original idea or used your creativity in order to do something differently.
TIP: Talk us through the whole situation from start to finish, with evidence, and be sure to include the value of the outcome.
AND
Tell me about a time when you received constructive criticism about your work and used this feedback to improve.
AND
Why have you applied for the role you have and why would you be proud to work for IBM?
Gent2324
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by username5703502)
you can’t be in full time education if you are applying to apprenticeships.
you can
dpsng
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by bassplayer347)
I've applied to 24 so far - I've received 13 rejections so far but just got my offer from BT to study Software Engineering so I'm feeling okay about all those rejected applications lmao

I'm also attending an assessment centre for IBM on the 16th
which companies did you apply to?
bassplayer347
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ehyy4324)
thank you
when did you get this email??
I have only got the message about the thing on monday
received it on the 18th of March
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (139)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (427)
14.76%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (325)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (405)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (132)
4.56%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.08%
Loneliness (248)
8.57%
Financial worries (106)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (118)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (155)
5.36%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (257)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (273)
9.44%

Watched Threads