The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I saw that program too, looks very interesting so I applied. Have you done the online tests yet?
Reply 2
Original post by Black Hammer
I saw that program too, looks very interesting so I applied. Have you done the online tests yet?

Hi, yes I've done the online tests and passed. They were hard! But I must have done well enough. I've got a live interview next. And then if I pass that, the assessment day is end of April. I think it's a new programme so finding info about is hard. Thought it'd be best to start a forum :smile:
Original post by besocansec
Hi, yes I've done the online tests and passed. They were hard! But I must have done well enough. I've got a live interview next. And then if I pass that, the assessment day is end of April. I think it's a new programme so finding info about is hard. Thought it'd be best to start a forum :smile:

Wow you passed congratulations! They were hard tbh and I haven’t received any further emails from them since I completed it so I probably failed 😔. Good luck on your future interviews!
Reply 4
Original post by Black Hammer
Wow you passed congratulations! They were hard tbh and I haven’t received any further emails from them since I completed it so I probably failed 😔. Good luck on your future interviews!

Ye I was bit surprised, they were definitely tougher than I expected. Hmm, maybe they will take a bit? Think they got back to me in about 2 days tho. Yes, goodluck to you in this tough job recruitment world!
just did the test. i guessed for most lol
Reply 6
Original post by Proxenus
just did the test. i guessed for most lol

They were very difficult tbh. At the interview they said they are solid tests
They were very difficult tbh. At the interview they said they are solid tests

Ur a math grad does that mean the maths was a breeze to u?

and were the questions at interview compenecy based or just a get to know you?

what are the chances you think you can earn 80k if you are successful after 2 years? think that just used that for marketing
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi, Well done on passing the tests. Have you had any luck with the live interview, do you know what types of questions they asked? I'm finding it hard to research the interview layout and info.
Reply 9
Original post by Proxenus
Ur a math grad does that mean the maths was a breeze to u?

and were the questions at interview compenecy based or just a get to know you?

what are the chances you think you can earn 80k if you are successful after 2 years? think that just used that for marketing

Original post by UserGrad
Hi, Well done on passing the tests. Have you had any luck with the live interview, do you know what types of questions they asked? I'm finding it hard to research the interview layout and info.

Hmm, I enjoyed the maths and it was definitely my stronger part, but I wouldn't say a breeze. We don't actually do any mental maths at Uni or percentages and things, it was more testing my memory of school maths. So I wouldn't say easy.

The interview involved a mixture of just talk about yourself, your education, testing your suitability compared to their values. A couple of industry based questions. The email before the intervew described the kind of things they asked.

They said the salary was 25k and asked if that was ok for me, they didn't mention how it could rise. That's something I would ask about at the AC if I get there. I don't think its likely. I'm hoping 40k+ after 2 years would be very good tbh. If anyone finds out the likelihood or how salary increases work then definitely let us know :smile:

There's very little info on the layout of the application process or anythng about the programme at all... I think this is because its the second year this has ever ran. Another thing I think is interesting is the accomodation for the first year is in a hotel. I wonder how this would work? Could there be studio rooms maybe? I'd like to make sure I can cook for myself and ensure it doesn't feel like Im trapped...

Good luck!
Hmm, I enjoyed the maths and it was definitely my stronger part, but I wouldn't say a breeze. We don't actually do any mental maths at Uni or percentages and things, it was more testing my memory of school maths. So I wouldn't say easy.

The interview involved a mixture of just talk about yourself, your education, testing your suitability compared to their values. A couple of industry based questions. The email before the intervew described the kind of things they asked.

They said the salary was 25k and asked if that was ok for me, they didn't mention how it could rise. That's something I would ask about at the AC if I get there. I don't think its likely. I'm hoping 40k+ after 2 years would be very good tbh. If anyone finds out the likelihood or how salary increases work then definitely let us know :smile:

There's very little info on the layout of the application process or anythng about the programme at all... I think this is because its the second year this has ever ran. Another thing I think is interesting is the accomodation for the first year is in a hotel. I wonder how this would work? Could there be studio rooms maybe? I'd like to make sure I can cook for myself and ensure it doesn't feel like Im trapped...

Good luck!

I currently have an offer when I graduate which is 30k and I have the 30 minute interview next week, if they ask about salary do you think it would be okay to bring this up? I found the tests alright, not the worst and not the easiest. If it is helpful to anyone they got back to me the next day with an interview invite after I took them
Original post by Elise_adventures
I currently have an offer when I graduate which is 30k and I have the 30 minute interview next week, if they ask about salary do you think it would be okay to bring this up? I found the tests alright, not the worst and not the easiest. If it is helpful to anyone they got back to me the next day with an interview invite after I took them

Well firstly, well done on your job offer! So before the interview properly started they asked a few admin questions, and one of those was that the salary is 25k and if that is ok... so I think it would be acceptable to say something like 'yes, but I'm wondering what the progression plan is, as the job advert speaks of potentially increasing the pay'... something along those lines would be ok I think.
Hello, well done on passing the tests. When you chose the date and time slot for your interview did you receive any kind of confirmation afterwards or a link for the google meet interview? I also passed the tests and selected a date and time however haven't heard anything since.
Reply 13

Good luck!

Can you give more information on specific questions they asked please?
Reply 14
Original post by cazzacops99
Hello, well done on passing the tests. When you chose the date and time slot for your interview did you receive any kind of confirmation afterwards or a link for the google meet interview? I also passed the tests and selected a date and time however haven't heard anything since.

Check your junk email! That’s where mine was.
Original post by S1Nila1
Can you give more information on specific questions they asked please?

Hi, I can't remember the exact questions but my previous post went into quite a bit of info... just do some research on the company and be confident and you will be ok... It is certain attributes they are looking for, but there's no point faking them as then you won't enjoy the job.

I found out I am through to the Elevation day which sounds quite exciting, good luck to anyone that is still going :smile:
Is the elevation day in person or on zoom? Is it at the end of April?
Original post by cazzacops99
Is the elevation day in person or on zoom? Is it at the end of April?

In person in Shirebrook, I think there is only 2 on the 27th and 28th April
Reply 18
Been invited to the 27th assessment day, anyone else had their offer yet?
Slightly confused as recruiter said business formal wear but the document states smart casual :s-smilie:
Hi, I can't remember the exact questions but my previous post went into quite a bit of info... just do some research on the company and be confident and you will be ok... It is certain attributes they are looking for, but there's no point faking them as then you won't enjoy the job.

I found out I am through to the Elevation day which sounds quite exciting, good luck to anyone that is still going :smile:

do we have to know specific facts about the business and industry?

Latest

Trending

Trending