What do you do in the Travel and Tourism course?

Watch this thread
Duckington6022
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have always wanted to be a travel agent, work in an airport or drive a train.

I can’t get hold of the Travel and Tourism course information.

And what jobs can you get from doing that course?

Thanks in advance
GatoMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Duckington6022)
I have always wanted to be a travel agent, work in an airport or drive a train.

I can’t get hold of the Travel and Tourism course information.

And what jobs can you get from doing that course?

Thanks in advance
I did Travel & Tourism back in mid 90s but it was different back then - before Internet was developed!

You can learn lots from Travel & Tourism course but not limited to become a Travel Agent. You can become a Travel Blog / writer if you love to write. You could also work in the hospitality industry as well. The list is endless.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
This is a list of options for you

Holiday childcare rep
Travel agent
Tour leader etc
Translator
Travel and tourism lecturer
Hotel inspector
Campsite reviewer
Hotel employee
Holiday planner
Flight attendant
Campsite manager
Campsite worker
Dancer abroad
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Given the ongoing collapse of the travel sector in the wake of coronavirus, your job options may be more limited, even after the coronavirus situation clears up, due to many companies having gone under in the process.

In terms of what you study, I'm not really sure; I think some course providers had stage aircraft aisles that they would act as a flight attendant in or something?

I would note that being a train driver wouldn't really be classified as a "travel and tourism sector" role. Unlike many positions in that sector, being a train driver is probably a decent career option still due to train drivers having a very strong union. Within more travel and tourism related positions your best bet for career stability and a good wage would probably be an air traffic controller, as they likewise have a strong union I understand, and because of how essential that position is to any kind of air travel (civilian or otherwise) it's the last area that's going to be cut even in the face of greatly reduced travel like at the moment, unlike travel agents, flight crew (including pilots), or other even other ground crew in airports.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.38%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.03%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.35%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (24)
17.65%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (35)
25.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (27)
19.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed