The Student Room Group

Switching A Levels (2021)

If you could switch your A Levels, would you switch them and what would you switch them to?
Original post by emek4official
If you could switch your A Levels, would you switch them and what would you switch them to?

from - economics, maths, further maths and art
to - business, pe, photography, maths
Maths to Politics and it isn’t even close. No idea why I picked Maths.
Original post by Sksnbsjszkkzs
Maths to Politics and it isn’t even close. No idea why I picked Maths.

I picked Mathematics too, I think it is becasue I have been doing it forever.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by lilymoroney
from - economics, maths, further maths and art
to - business, pe, photography, maths

Photography sounds fun. But don't worry, as long as you reach the end goal of your career then it is all worth it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Chemistry to furthermaths
Original post by A0125

further maths is a no from me ahahaha.
in our school they do a level maths, as and alevel in year 1/year 12 and then further maths year 2/year13.
its so much work and you're just flying through content even if you don't know it
id swap English language, history, Geography to Double applied science and English literature
Original post by A0125

I do like Maths. I did Further Maths at GCSE.
Original post by Studentlife04
id swap English language, history, Geography to Double applied science and English literature

I really miss English Literature. I am gonna do a Minor in it at University.
Reply 10
in our school they do a level maths, as and alevel in year 1/year 12 and then further maths year 2/year13.
its so much work and you're just flying through content even if you don't know it

Never heard of a school that does that. Must be hard.
I’m more of a maths person so further maths should’ve been the third option for me lol.

My school does the same thing, but I don't do Further Maths.

I do : English lit , french and business ( I dropped philosophy for business )
I wish I did : psychology criminology and business
Original post by Tashax2
I do : English lit , french and business ( I dropped philosophy for business )
I wish I did : psychology criminology and business

At least you switched to Business, I wish I switched when I had the chance.

Haha my school did that too, you'd be surprised how quickly the normal maths becomes super easy out of pure necessity! :biggrin: I think we'd finished by early March and started on the further maths content then though, so it wasn't quite so much of a rush through that - a single year without those extra months at the end of year 12 would have been brutal for further.
At least you switched to Business, I wish I switched when I had the chance.

Honestly dropped philosophy for business was SUCH a relief , my school does this thing where you can drop and a level at the end of 1st year and pick up either 1 year sociology or business and I picked the latter.
Original post by Tashax2
Honestly dropped philosophy for business was SUCH a relief , my school does this thing where you can drop and a level at the end of 1st year and pick up either 1 year sociology or business and I picked the latter.

That is a really nice thing, I wish my school did that.
Reply 17
From biology to psychology
Original post by Yazomi
From biology to psychology

Yeah, my friend did that switch in October.

Quick Reply

Latest