Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
chat
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not much that is positive.
Doubt that he would have been able to lead the Conservatives to much general election success if Blair had remained Labour leader.
cakes are nice9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
(Original post by londonmyst)
Not much that is positive.
Doubt that he would have been able to lead the Conservatives to much general election success if Blair had remained Labour leader.

sorry was blair bad or good im not good at politcs
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by cakes are nice9)
sorry was blair bad or good im not good at politcs
In terms of winning elections for Labour and years served in office, good.
Labour's longest serving PM and one of their most effective party leaders in terms of general election wins with an overall majority.
I'm not a Labour Party supporter.
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I alway thought David Cameron had the right image of a Prime Minister. He was always assertive, smart and professional. Even if you leave the shady allegations aside, he's what you want your PM to look like when representing the country.

I know some people will always remember him for triggering the Brexit vote, but he won a Conservative majority on the pledge of holding the referendum and there was clear appetite to have that debate. Cameron made the Conservatives electable after the misery of Gordon Brown's government.
cakes are nice9
Rep:
?
(Original post by JOSH4598)
I alway thought David Cameron had the right image of a Prime Minister. He was always assertive, smart and professional. Even if you leave the shady allegations aside, he's what you want your PM to look like when representing the country.

I know some people will always remember him for triggering the Brexit vote, but he won a Conservative majority on the pledge of holding the referendum and there was clear appetite to have that debate. Cameron made the Conservatives electable after the misery of Gordon Brown's government.
nah he did something to a pig once right
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nah he did something to a pig once right
Well that's the rumour - but I don't know why that's all people remember of a PM who served the country for seven years though. A hell of a lot happened in those seven years but the pig story keeps cropping up
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did fantastic things for the Conservative Party. Britain was in an optimistic and pretty cheerful place throughout most of his time in office. Economic decisions were largely good in hindsight, made significant (and positive) reforms in areas like schools.

I think he got a bit too arrogant over the EU referendum and assumed victory would be easier than it was.
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He will be viewed in history kindly. Although he increased poverty greatly, under him a nasty welfare reform took place, and the EU referendum was lost when he did not openly campaign for remain.

The one thing other than the referendum he may be most remembered for is same-sex marriage.
cakes are nice9
Rep:
?
(Original post by barnet1471)
He will be viewed in history kindly. Although he increased poverty greatly, under him a nasty welfare reform took place, and the EU referendum was lost when he did not openly campaign for remain.

The one thing other than the referendum he may be most remembered for is same-sex marriage.
a lot of people dont like him
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
a lot of people dont like him
Compared to Boris Johnson the serial killer in all but name and Theresa May who lost control/support of her party, he will be viewed kindly.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I consider Cameron to be a fairly good PM. I broadly support most of what he did and his performance was broadly competent. He was also electorally successful winning over 120 seats and 2 referenda.

As others have said though, he perhaps got a little arrogant in terms of how he viewed the EU referendum (but in the end it's worked out quite well for the party).
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LIFMZl_P4bY
Last edited by Starship Trooper; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (139)
4.8%
Uncertainty around my education (427)
14.76%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (325)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (405)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (132)
4.56%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (176)
6.08%
Loneliness (248)
8.57%
Financial worries (106)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (118)
4.08%
Exposure to negative news/social media (132)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (155)
5.36%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (257)
8.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (273)
9.44%

Watched Threads