I need a hug. Sigh.

Watch
username5706142
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hey, I'm really not doing too good right now and wanted an outlet to vent to people around my age. I have long struggled with depression and anxiety but I have found it manageable by going out and doing things. As I haven't been able to do that, lockdowns- particularly this lockdown- have been atrocious for me and my mental state. I don't really have any 'friends' to confide in ( I won't count people who only contact me when I need something), which certainly doesn't help. My grades were A*/A*/B in November and now I am performing really bad in my assessed work because my mind really isn't in the right place. When I am in class, I am present but I am not engaged. My mind is elsewhere.

If anybody could just make me feel like I have worth right now, I will be most grateful. I don't believe I can contact anyone directly as my account is new.
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
:hugs:
Have you spoken to your GP about your struggles?
Last edited by Foxehh; 2 weeks ago
Elenngilbrt
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
*virtual hugs* Take care of yourself! Speak with people around you.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lots of hugs. :grouphugs:
From an adult human, four children under 10, an assistance dog, three labrador puppies and 118 cuddly toy animals.
sedentary
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
we're all here for u!! i would definitely recommend speaking to a gp about this if u haven't done so already, it's super scary but they can usually point u in the right direction. if that's not a possibility then u can always reach out to an organisation, there's plenty of mental health services for free online where u can talk/type to someone. wishing u the very best :hugs:
Pichi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, I feel pretty similarly and am also in need of a hug, so :hugs:It's been pretty difficult to shake off whatever this is.

Hopefully things get better eventually. Your November grades show that you're totally capable of doing well, so I trust that you can achieve grades like that again.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pichi)
Hey, I feel pretty similarly and am also in need of a hug, so :hugs:It's been pretty difficult to shake off whatever this is.

Hopefully things get better eventually. Your November grades show that you're totally capable of doing well, so I trust that you can achieve grades like that again.
Hugs to you too then :*
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Pichi)

(Original post by username5706142)
Hey, I'm really not doing too good right now and wanted an outlet to vent to people around my age. I have long struggled with depression and anxiety but I have found it manageable by going out and doing things. As I haven't been able to do that, lockdowns- particularly this lockdown- have been atrocious for me and my mental state. I don't really have any 'friends' to confide in ( I won't count people who only contact me when I need something), which certainly doesn't help. My grades were A*/A*/B in November and now I am performing really bad in my assessed work because my mind really isn't in the right place. When I am in class, I am present but I am not engaged. My mind is elsewhere.

If anybody could just make me feel like I have worth right now, I will be most grateful. I don't believe I can contact anyone directly as my account is new.
Well done for coming out with this. It's not easy. You are both doing well, even though it doesn't seem like it on paper. You've done well by surviving the day. You may have alot going on, but well done for waking up today. You may have bad thoughts, but well done for not attempting today. You may feel overwhelmed, but well done for trying your best in everything you do. You don't have to be positive all the time. It's perfectly OK to feel sad, angry, frustrated, anxious and annoyed. Those feelings don't make you a "negative person" they make you human. It's ok to make mistakes and it's OK to not be perfect. Because if you never make mistakes, you will never learn and you will never grow.

And if all you did today was hold it together, I'm proud of you. And even if you couldn't hold it together, well done for letting it out. I'm proud of you either way.
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Lots of hugs Lockdown and covid has a lot to answer for. Not only that its April students are feeling burnt out with assessments, tests and the unknown results stress. Start to fall into those good habits again. Walks and that. Now spring is here we will get better days. And not only that lockdown is easing too. Friends they will come and go. You get a few main stayers for a while over the years, but some you find are short term mates. So please dont think you will ever make friends again because you will
Pichi
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hugs to you too then :*
Apparently I’ve already repped one of your posts recently. Thank you.

(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
Well done for coming out with this. It's not easy. You are both doing well, even though it doesn't seem like it on paper. You've done well by surviving the day. You may have alot going on, but well done for waking up today. You may have bad thoughts, but well done for not attempting today. You may feel overwhelmed, but well done for trying your best in everything you do. You don't have to be positive all the time. It's perfectly OK to feel sad, angry, frustrated, anxious and annoyed. Those feelings don't make you a "negative person" they make you human. It's ok to make mistakes and it's OK to not be perfect. Because if you never make mistakes, you will never learn and you will never grow.

And if all you did today was hold it together, I'm proud of you. And even if you couldn't hold it together, well done for letting it out. I'm proud of you either way.
It means a lot to hear that, really. Hopefully OP is reading this too.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago

sending you the most comforting hug i can, i totally understand your position i am also finding lessons really hard because of my anxiety which seems to only be making me more anxious because now my grades ae slipping and im not too sure how to resolve it but i really do think we can both get through so hang in there <3

p.s ive noticed im so mentally absent in lessons because im so distracted by my own thoughts and in the last week ive tried to 'meditate' by just breathing with my eyes closed for literally just 5 minutes in the morning and its not exactly a miracle but i really do feel a lot better the rest of the day and slightly less in my own head if that makes sense
rachaelalexander
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

You are loved. Talking takes so much courage. I'm so proud of you for making it until now. You are allowed to feel and struggle. Take a moment to breathe and sit with those feelings.

I love you. I'm amazed by your strength, and I hope that every day brings you a little more clarity and peace. Talking to someone is the first step towards feeling better. It must have been really hard to take that step, but now you have, it'll all be a little easier. Take a while to get comfortable posting in these forums and talking to anyone around you. There is no rush if you don't feel comfortable enough to speak to GPs or such yet. You are allowed to go at your own pace. Don't let anyone pressure you into something you aren't ready to do.

I was the same as you, straight-A student, all set to go to university. It was at this seemingly idyllic point in my life that I suffered from a mental breakdown. This was back in November last year. It was the result of years of unrelenting pressure and the obsessive need to succeed in everything. I pushed myself past the point of functioning and hit rock bottom. I dropped out of school and, for a few months, I thought that that was it. I didn't see an end to any of it and thought that I'd be trapped forever. About 6 months in, I'm still struggling, but every day I'm getting better. I found solace in religion and starting college. I made some new friends, and I'm slowly reaching a place of peace.

I shared this with you to show you that you aren't alone, and no matter how hard it is for you right now, it will pass. Take as long as you need to heal, process and grow. I (and everyone here) love and support you. If you need to reach out (OP or just anyone needing a chat), my email is [email protected], and I will be happy to chat no matter what. If you choose not to reach out, just remember that there will always be one person who would be sad if you didn't wake up in the morning <3
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (186)
5.01%
Uncertainty around my education (543)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (413)
11.13%
Lack of purpose or motivation (511)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.93%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.98%
Loneliness (313)
8.43%
Financial worries (136)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (211)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (332)
8.94%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (349)
9.4%

Watched Threads