naomiesther
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Ahh please help if you can. So I have an unconditional offer from my top choice uni (I took my a levels in 2019), but i’m still waiting for decisions from 2 unis.

The problem is I want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible, but it won’t let me until i’ve accepted my top choice’s offer, which, of course I can’t do until I receive all my decisions. Does it look bad to withdraw my application from the 2 unis I don’t care much for? Or is it best to wait? I just really don’t want to end up in halls I don’t want to be in because I couldn’t apply for accommodation early enough.
markmm4226
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you’re absolutely certain that you want to go to your unconditional uni, then there are no repercussions from withdrawing other choices! But only do it if that uni is 100% the one you want to go to, if you aren’t sure then it might be best to wait it out.

Personally I withdrew one of my choices when I applied the other year as I’d been offered two places that I wanted to confirm as my 1st choice and ‘insurance’ choice, but the final uni was taking ages to reply and I wasn’t overly keen on it anyways. So yeah! If you are totally sure about that one, go for it!
naomiesther
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by markmm4226)
If you’re absolutely certain that you want to go to your unconditional uni, then there are no repercussions from withdrawing other choices! But only do it if that uni is 100% the one you want to go to, if you aren’t sure then it might be best to wait it out.

Personally I withdrew one of my choices when I applied the other year as I’d been offered two places that I wanted to confirm as my 1st choice and ‘insurance’ choice, but the final uni was taking ages to reply and I wasn’t overly keen on it anyways. So yeah! If you are totally sure about that one, go for it!
Okay, thanks so much! Yeah, it’s been my top choice for a while and ranked first in the country for my course so I’m sure.
AHKS
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by naomiesther)
Ahh please help if you can. So I have an unconditional offer from my top choice uni (I took my a levels in 2019), but i’m still waiting for decisions from 2 unis.

The problem is I want to apply for accommodation as soon as possible, but it won’t let me until i’ve accepted my top choice’s offer, which, of course I can’t do until I receive all my decisions. Does it look bad to withdraw my application from the 2 unis I don’t care much for? Or is it best to wait? I just really don’t want to end up in halls I don’t want to be in because I couldn’t apply for accommodation early enough.
No one at your first choice would know and even if they did it does not 'look bad' it just means you are definite you want to study with them. Get on and withdraw without any worries.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by naomiesther)

It doesn’t look bad, it makes sense in your situation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.89%
Excited but a bit nervous (121)
45.66%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.83%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise