The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Edinburgh University Accommodation

Hi everyone, I am currently looking at accommodation for Edinburgh but am having trouble making a decision! I want to choose self-catered so all the Pollock ones are out of the choices.
So could I possibly have people’s opinions on what ones seem to be the best socially? I also have to factor in distance as I am going to be in King’s campus a lot but all help would be much appreciated!
Hello! 4th year Edinburgh student who was a King's student when the campus was actually open (RIP). The two that I can think of off the top of my head that are closest to King's are Kitchener House and David Horne. But King's is about a 25-30 minutes walk from George square campus and it's actually quite a nice walk to do or you could cycle, there's ample bike storage at King's. There are also bus services that run to near the campus regularly and there used to be a shuttle bus from George square (it got axed due to covid so have no idea if it'll be reinstated next year). If you're wanting a good social experience I'd say go for somewhere central as it's easier to get home after nights out/pub etc.
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Thank you very much! Can I ask, is there any accommodation that is not social? Or is there certain accommodation that seem to be mostly international student based?
No, not that I'm aware of, it's just easier to get to clubs and pubs etc, if you live nearer to George Square and students are fairly mixed in accommodation. I've heard that there's a decent amount of international students in pollock because meals being provided is one less thing to worry about, but I know plenty of non-UK students who were in self-catered halls. Really it's just down to how much you want to pay and what you think looks nicest :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by megan_D1999
No, not that I'm aware of, it's just easier to get to clubs and pubs etc, if you live nearer to George Square and students are fairly mixed in accommodation. I've heard that there's a decent amount of international students in pollock because meals being provided is one less thing to worry about, but I know plenty of non-UK students who were in self-catered halls. Really it's just down to how much you want to pay and what you think looks nicest :smile:

Thank you for the help! Yes I’m a UK student and just wanted to see if there was a great proportion of international student in one place or the other! I hope to be near George square but I’ll see!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending