Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john williams)
    Ok thanks, i'll do a search on Amazon. Do you reckon id be able to teach it all myself in about 3/4 months and get a good grade? What sorts of things did u do in lessons?
    Depends how yo think. I reckon I could have done it without any teaching, because I was pretty good at the skills it teaches you anyway. If you do any subjects like Enlgish or History, you'll be set.

ReputationRep:
    critical thinking wasn't taught at all in our school, but some people were entered for it anyway...i got an A in it and all i did to prepare for it was one past paper the night before. don't worry about it, its not very difficult at all. just have a look at any available past papers

ReputationRep:
    Critical thinking is great! I'm doing AEA this year It's on the morning of our leaver's ball though 3 hours...

The book we had was 'Critical Reasoning, a practical introduction' by Anne Thomson. Or get something by Dr Roy Van Demn Brink-Budgem. He's Mr Critcal Thinking!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lillith Grimore)
    Or get something by Dr Roy Van Demn Brink-Budgem. He's Mr Critcal Thinking!!
    Yes, I hate that guy :\

ReputationRep:
    I don't. He marked my paper all by himself and gave a me a good mark (the reason I know this is that my dad, who is also my head of sixth form and my critical thinking teacher, went on a course about last year's paper and brought home the one they'd been using as a standardisation thing. I looked at it and announced "You know you said it looked like mine? That's becuase it is...")

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.