My sister is depressed (I myself am quite mentally stable). What do I do?

Watch
00vicky00
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi , if I were in your situation I would try and speak to her (I wouldn't push for an answer ,but I would try to reassure her and let her know that if she wants to talk you are always available for her ),then talk to your parents about it ...if for any reason they can't get help from mental health charity helpline such as: SANE

Emotional support, information and guidance for people affected by mental illness, their families and carers.

Textcare: comfort and care via text message, sent when the person needs it most: www.sane.org.uk/textcare

Peer support forum: www.sane.org.uk/supportforum

or

Samaritans. To talk about anything that is upsetting you, you can contact Samaritans 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. You can call 116 123 (free from any phone), email [email protected] or visit some branches in person. You can also call the Samaritans Welsh Language Line on 0808 164 0123 (7pm–11pm every day).

Everything will be fine🙂 ,stay strong for your sister ❤️
Roasted Potato
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There isn't much info on here, but I just support her! Offer to spend time with her and be someone she can always talk to and trust that you won't spread nasty things. Invite her to things even if you know she will say no, it will hopefully make her feel wanted and let her know that it is perfectly alright to say no. I find just being there is all you can do till something changes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (186)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (542)
14.62%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (412)
11.11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (510)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
5.99%
Loneliness (313)
8.44%
Financial worries (136)
3.67%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.53%
Lack of real life entertainment (211)
5.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (332)
8.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (348)
9.39%

Watched Threads