can muslims go to year 11 prom???

Watch
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by the_pharaoh)
Ok actually not really what lucifer is trying to say is, is that what happens during prom is against islam hence as a muslim going might not be the best idea

tbh being a muslim going doesnt even make sense cuzyou'd have to go alone or if your lucky and you have friends who went alone too it just defeats the point
oh ok 🤷
HS_1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how ironic, eh? poster named himself ''Lucifer'' and is now going around telling ppl wht's haram & halal :rofl: haram police volunteer, I see
Gaddafi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
The prom is a trap to get young people in the mood for drinking and doing drugs or exposing body parts. All if them are forbidden in Islam and are haram. Hence the prom is haram.
In of itself it isn't even haram to be at place where haram things are occuring (although it is looked down upon.)

Your are only punished for your own actions. Therefore what an event encourages and what other people do is irrelevant.
SHADOW_SCRIPT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HS_1)
how ironic, eh? poster named himself ''Lucifer'' and is now going around telling ppl wht's haram & halal :rofl: haram police volunteer, I see
...ye i did wonder about that, but he act says some true points
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Justaboutalive)
i would defo!
Are you sure about that?
You know what happens at proms? Young people start drinking, smoking, or even doing drugs and then engage in provocative and inappropriate behaviour by showing to other people parts of their body that needs to be covered.

Is this an event that you would like to go??
Is clearly haram.
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Of course drinking & smoking are haram. But the prom is an event which facilitates both of the above as well as provocative and inappropriate behaviour from those who go there and expose themselves.
Its to celebrate the end of the academic year. You don't have to surround yourself in those types of environments. You can host your own celebration if u really wanted to.
Year 11s can't drink/smoke anyway - there are restrictions which schools put in place.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HS_1)
Are you implying something about my username as I don't get you sister.
mra1108
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is so ridiculous, You'll (Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation (to an extent) because that itself is a sin.
Last edited by mra1108; 2 weeks ago
the_pharaoh
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HS_1)
Ye it's kinda funny 😂

altho I gotta say his points are valid to an extent
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mra1108)
This is so ridiculous, You'll (Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation because that itself is a sin.
We don't need another haram police thanks :rofl:
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
oh ok 🤷
It's precisely what the other user says.
Prom is haram as it becomes the facilitator of all other things that are haram.
mra1108
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
We don't need another haram police thanks :rofl:
aaaaaaaa ok sorry, Imma head out I guess, yeet.
barnet1471
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Whether to not they can, I hope that Muslims would not go. I hope Christians would not go, Jewish people would not go, those of other religions, agnostics or atheists would not go. I hope everyone boycotts this awful U.S. tradition with low or single use clothing, and donates money or time to charity instead.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by mra1108)
This is so ridiculous, You'll (Lucifer323) just end up being unfortunate for giving people misinformation (to an extent) because that itself is a sin.
What? I am not doing anything haram around here. I am trying to prevent it..
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Prom is haram as it becomes the facilitator of all other things that are haram.
You're damn right correct. But like i said before ^

(Original post by barnet1471)
Whether to not they can, I hope that Muslims would not go. I hope Christians would not go, Jewish people would not go, those of other religions, agnostics or atheists would not go. I hope everyone boycotts this awful U.S. tradition with low or single use clothing, and donates money or time to charity instead.
preachh
Last edited by HumbleBee_x; 2 weeks ago
fleury21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT)
srry didn't mean to rep this
U dont need to apologise :lol:
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Its to celebrate the end of the academic year. You don't have to surround yourself in those types of environments. You can host your own celebration if u really wanted to.
Year 11s can't drink/smoke anyway - there are restrictions which schools put in place.
Are you implying that we will have end of year11 proms only for Muslims?
SHADOW_SCRIPT
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by fleury21)
U dont need to apologise :lol:
i do, cause it'd seem that i had supported that user's statement
Anonymous #3
Report 2 weeks ago
Wow you can’t do anything fun apparently. It seems everything normal is haram. Btw prom sucks anyways no matter what religion you are.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by barnet1471)
Yes indeed nobody should be going to proms unless you are an atheist or agnostic. These people don't have any values and they party all the time without considering the consequences.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (11)
3.63%
Uncertainty around my education (46)
15.18%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (35)
11.55%
Lack of purpose or motivation (43)
14.19%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
4.29%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (22)
7.26%
Loneliness (22)
7.26%
Financial worries (9)
2.97%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (17)
5.61%
Exposure to negative news/social media (18)
5.94%
Lack of real life entertainment (16)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (25)
8.25%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (26)
8.58%

Watched Threads