Can you put a filling on a front tooth?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Like the title says ^ I had a sporting accident last week and my dentist has booked me In for a filling in a few days but someone told me you can’t put fillings on the front teeth only some sort of composite resin
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Dunno, but I think I have one, a small one in the back of one of my top fronts where it's not visible.
Thedentalone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes you can, That’s a type of filling material
Last edited by Thedentalone; 1 week ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Thedentalone)
Yes you can, That’s a type of filling material
I thought composite resin was used for composite bonding which is different to a filling?
Thedentalone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I thought composite resin was used for composite bonding which is different to a filling?
Composite is a filling material, which is bonded with etch and bond to the tooth surface, it’s basically just a filling to be honest, I think the different terms confuse people
Dr Chris Dentist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys

Dentist here

As mentioned by others, composite resin is a type of filling material, which is tooth coloured.
The dentist will sculpt the filling (composite resin) onto your tooth and polish it so it blends in with your natural tooth.

I hope this helps,
Dr Chris
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Dr Chris Dentist)
Hi guys

Dentist here

As mentioned by others, composite resin is a type of filling material, which is tooth coloured.
The dentist will sculpt the filling (composite resin) onto your tooth and polish it so it blends in with your natural tooth.

I hope this helps,
Dr Chris
That helps me a lot thank you quickly just wanted to ask if my dentist puts a filling on one of my lateral incisors will I be able to have composite bonding on the same tooth a few weeks later?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (174)
42.13%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (61)
14.77%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (170)
41.16%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.94%

Watched Threads