Idk why i am hard on myself

Watch
Chibidragon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am 20 years old and i wish i could be doing things that i want but i am so unmotivated and lazy to even finish my assignments. I lost two of my loved ones, my grandparents and i am feeling grief in a different way, i am not able to show my emotions openly but when i think about the memories i shared with them alone, i cry so much. I think it has affected me alot that i am not the same with my assignments, my relationship with my family. I am a bottle full of emotions, i am angry, sad and grieving at the same time. I am just so angry on myself. Maybe i just wanted to vent it out over here.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chibidragon)
I am 20 years old and i wish i could be doing things that i want but i am so unmotivated and lazy to even finish my assignments. I lost two of my loved ones, my grandparents and i am feeling grief in a different way, i am not able to show my emotions openly but when i think about the memories i shared with them alone, i cry so much. I think it has affected me alot that i am not the same with my assignments, my relationship with my family. I am a bottle full of emotions, i am angry, sad and grieving at the same time. I am just so angry on myself. Maybe i just wanted to vent it out over here.
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
lillybellea
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chibidragon)
Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that you must be going through at the moment.
Secondly, what you're feeling right now is completely justified, and I'm sure that if you explain your situation and ask for an extension on your assignments it'll be granted. You need some time to manage your emotions and get back on your feet.
In the meantime, you should talk to someone. Maybe a friend, a therapist, etc. It may seem embarrassing, or scary at first but it actually really helps.
All the best
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Idk maybe having a job, but seeing how life can be unpredictable, i am not too sure
Chibidragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by lillybellea)
Firstly, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine the pain that you must be going through at the moment.
Secondly, what you're feeling right now is completely justified, and I'm sure that if you explain your situation and ask for an extension on your assignments it'll be granted. You need some time to manage your emotions and get back on your feet.
In the meantime, you should talk to someone. Maybe a friend, a therapist, etc. It may seem embarrassing, or scary at first but it actually really helps.
All the best
Its okay. It hurts but i am doing my best to pull through. I have asked for the extension but, i just feel everyone is done and i am not. Its just weird. Maybe its me, i should just shut my self and work on it then think on that. I definitely will talk to my university counselor. My emotions are all over the place but yeah i am doing my best to stay sane.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (186)
5.03%
Uncertainty around my education (541)
14.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (411)
11.12%
Lack of purpose or motivation (509)
13.77%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (183)
4.95%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (222)
6%
Loneliness (312)
8.44%
Financial worries (136)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (167)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (209)
5.65%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (330)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (346)
9.36%

Watched Threads