Namein123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I am curious about what are the best UK unis for EEE? If I want to take a hybrid course between electrical and electronic engineering and computer science which university should I pick.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Namein123)
I am curious about what are the best UK unis for EEE? If I want to take a hybrid course between electrical and electronic engineering and computer science which university should I pick.
You need to give some details about yourself if you want sensible advice, "best" is going to need to factor in your likely qualifications.
Namein123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Nationality: Mauritian. International.
Post-secondary Qualification: CIE A-Level: Maths Chemistry Physics Biology - straight A*s.
Tertiary education: UCL BEng Chemical engineering - dropped out after 1 year with 1st in all modules.
Programming knowledge:c/c++. Currently learning javascript.
Budget: under 30k of tuition fees per year
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Namein123)
Hey there Namein123
Great to hear that you're considering electrical engineering and computer science as an option to study at university!
My name is Anna and I study civil engineering at Surrey and I am currently in my placement year (3rd year.

Surrey offers electrical and electronic engineering and computer science, in addition to many other course. Electrical and electronic engineering course is ranked 6th in the Guardian University Guide 2021.
For more info on the course:https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergradua...ic-engineering
If you want to read more into the computer science course offered at Surrey visit: https://www.surrey.ac.uk/undergraduate/computer-science

If you have any questions about engineering, Surrey, uni life or general advice feel free to ask , will be very happy to answer your questions!

All the best,
Anna Civil Eng
Debs25
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Southampton university is very highly regarded for electronics and electrical engineering and has a superb CS dept too. Their degrees are very flexible and you can pick modules from nanotechnology to AI as well as the usual core modules. Southampton is ranked 4th in the UK for EEE( Complete University Guide 2021) , just outside of Oxbridge and Imperial College.
Last edited by Debs25; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (17)
17.71%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (27)
28.13%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (9)
9.38%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (10)
10.42%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
5.21%
I think it's an unfair expectation (26)
27.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
2.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise