The Student Room Group

Should i pick art a level or business BTEC level 3?

Hi,i'm currently a GCSE student studying triple science,geography and Art alongside the compulsory subjects,I need help with the A levels i need to pick at college.Whilst doing triple science for my GCSEs i've realised i don't enjoy the sciences apart from biology,which i sometimes do get bored of.I was thinking of doing Maths,history and art(law or business).I'm struggling to pick between the 3,i'm getting a grade 7 in art and i'm predicted a grade 8 in art,because of covid i wasn't in school much.In maths,i'm trying to get a grade 6,but i'm predicted a grade 4/5 however i've talked to my teacher and he's going to help me achieve a higher grade.I decided that instead of English Lit(which i'm good at) i could do history as it's still one of the facilitating subjects and i think i would enjoy it more than english and geography(in year 9 i had the same grades for both humanities).I seriously dont know what i wanna do,i want to have a good future and i need help to decide,i've even spent hours with my careers advisor,thank you for reading this:smile:
What would you like to do when you are older? I think Art might be a nice, creative A Level. But just go with what feels right, you can always change before the 3 week deadline.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by emek4official
What would you like to do when you are older? I think Art might be a nice, creative A Level. But just go with what feels right, you can always change before the 3 week deadline.

Good luck!

Hiiii,sorry for the late response,i'm not sure about art but i am really good at it and i got a 7 in my last grade(the highest in the year) and i am predicted an 8.I'm not entirely sure what i'd like to do when i'm older.I've spoken to my careers advisor and we've spent hours on talking about it but at least i've got an idea of what type of environment i'd like to work in(i'm quite social,so i'm a people's person and i like change in where i'm working and working with young people and people of my age).Law i can do at university without doing it at A levels,history is good instead of law in my opinion because it's one of the facilitating subjects and an essay subject.Maths is a scientific subject including problematic thinking(another facilitating subject).I'm just thinking of whether i should do a BTEC business level 3 or art a level,because art will be time consuming so i'm not sure but i'm good at it.I'm quite good in all of the arts actually,even drama and music(i can sing and play the piano:smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest