How does herpes work

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
2 days after some unchristian acts occured, my gf told me she had a cold sore. I know cold sores are caused by herpes, so does that mean i have herpes? Besides her ive never done unholy things with anyone, so how could i possibly have herpes if she never had herpes before either? Can you be born with herpes? I have no symptoms of it
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
2 days after some unchristian acts occured, my gf told me she had a cold sore. I know cold sores are caused by herpes, so does that mean i have herpes? Besides her ive never done unholy things with anyone, so how could i possibly have herpes if she never had herpes before either? Can you be born with herpes? I have no symptoms of it
Basically most people have herpes- you can pass it on so easily you might’ve just borrowed someone’s water bottle who has herpes or got it when your gran kissed you when you were a kid. No biggie
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You cannot be born with herpes, it is a viral illness that you catch through contact with the virus. If your girlfriend's coldsore is on her lip, she more than likely has HSV1. If you have never had a coldsore whilst kissing her, she likely got it from someone else who kissed her whilst having a coldsore (boyfriend or relative) or sharing a water bottle or utensils with someone who had a coldsore. She may have had the virus for years without having symptoms - once you catch it, it stays in your body and you get n outbreak every so often. You can avoid catching it by avoiding kissing her/receiving oral sex from her/touching her cold sore whist she has an outbreak.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (76)
4.77%
Uncertainty around my education (244)
15.31%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (175)
10.98%
Lack of purpose or motivation (225)
14.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (71)
4.45%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (93)
5.83%
Loneliness (139)
8.72%
Financial worries (57)
3.58%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (72)
4.52%
Exposure to negative news/social media (77)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (83)
5.21%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (137)
8.59%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (145)
9.1%

Watched Threads