Is anyone not getting the vaccine?

Watch
username5703502
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
my mum chose not to but they booked her in for another appointment.
Thedentalone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Can I ask why not?
username5703502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thedentalone)
Can I ask why not?
side effects scare her.
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anony345754)
side effects scare her.
Honestly speaking, I’ve had both my doses and yes I had a few symptoms afterwards chills, a fever and a sore arm.
Also I’ve just mentioned this in another thread, the benefits outweigh the risks, and the only way we can move forward is if everyone get it.
I got it because I want everyone around me to be safe and although it was mainly because of my job, I think its reassuring to be safer x
username5703502
Rep:
?
Honestly speaking, I’ve had both my doses and yes I had a few symptoms afterwards chills, a fever and a sore arm.
Also I’ve just mentioned this in another thread, the benefits outweigh the risks, and the only way we can move forward is if everyone get it.
I got it because I want everyone around me to be safe and although it was mainly because of my job, I think its reassuring to be safer x
I think we are debating whether its safe or not, whether it can kill you. I am weaker than my mum and I am battling problems on an every day basis (as we all do) like hypoglycemia nearly every day since I was 8, a symptom of something more complex that I have, and I am thinking about not getting it. People like me out there can’t get the flu because it makes it very hard to eat and wake up. My mum had ovarian cancer and is all better now.
Last edited by username5703502; 1 week ago
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I think we are debating whether its safe or not, whether it can kill you. I am weaker than my mum and I am battling problems on an every day basis (as we all do) like hypoglycemia nearly every day since I was 8, a symptom of something more complex that I have, and I am thinking about not getting it. People like me out there can’t get the flu because it makes it very hard to eat and wake up. My mum had ovarian cancer and is all better now.
Have you spoken to your GP? They could probably advise which vaccine is better for you, I know people with complex medical history’s whom have gotten advice as to which vaccine is better suited for them. I wouldn’t worry too much x
username5703502
Rep:
?
what type of vaccine did you get? my dad got the pfizer vaccine. My mum doesn’t want to get anything apart from Pfizer vaccine, the Oxford one causes a rash and the Astrazeneca one causes blood clots, for my dad who has diabetes, he just had a sore arm for 3 days that was it, I heard certain vaccines are for certain people. One person was offered the oxford vaccine and they wanted pfizer vaccine but they said they won’t give it, they are going to give oxford and then the person refused it.

If you don’t get the vaccine you have to hide and live your life. You won’t be able to go abroad, or get a job I heard so its going to force everyone even those that don’t want to get it, to get it. Its fine for my mum, she relies on my dad to get money, she has never worked but for me at 20 years old and having the right to work, I might have to get it.
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
what type of vaccine did you get? my dad got the pfizer vaccine.

If you don’t get the vaccine you have to hide and live your life. You won’t be able to go abroad, or get a job I heard so its going to force everyone even those that don’t want to get it, to get it. Its fine for my mum, she relies on my dad to get money, she has never worked but for me at 20 years old and having the right to work, I might have to get it.
I’ve had the Pfizer I’m 18 and I’m fine I actually had the virus too, and my colleagues are aged between 30-68 and they are okay too, most of us had the Pfizer, however some had the Astra Zeneca, like my dad who is diabetic and they are all okay, if that’s any reassurance for you.
I would encourage you to go for it. One of my friends is a pharmaceutical technician and she has said that it seems there is only an uncertainty about pregnant women as they were not in the trials, however one of my colleagues had the vaccine both doses and then found out she is pregnant, she’s 9 weeks now, they are both fine. So I guess it just depends really.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm not getting it, neither are a large section of my family. It hasn't been tested with enough vigour as it should have and therefore I refuse to put it inside of my body.
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
I'm not getting it, neither are a large section of my family. It hasn't been tested with enough vigour as it should have and therefore I refuse to put it inside of my body.
We have to start somewhere, all vaccines and medicines were new at some point.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 week ago
Me.
username5703502
Rep:
?
I’ve had the Pfizer I’m 18 and I’m fine I actually had the virus too, and my colleagues are aged between 30-68 and they are okay too, most of us had the Pfizer, however some had the Astra Zeneca, like my dad who is diabetic and they are all okay, if that’s any reassurance for you.
I would encourage you to go for it. One of my friends is a pharmaceutical technician and she has said that it seems there is only an uncertainty about pregnant women as they were not in the trials, however one of my colleagues had the vaccine both doses and then found out she is pregnant, she’s 9 weeks now, they are both fine. So I guess it just depends really.
I thought the vaccine goes to people older first, then comes down to the younger ones? I think its because of your job (assuming in the dentistry field from your TSR name) . My cousin who is 29 is working in the NHS as an admin worker and got the jab.
username5703502
Rep:
?
no vaccine, no job I heard. No going abroad. The trains will require some sort of proof that you had the vaccine, I don’t want to get it but these rules are forcing everyone to get it.
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
We have to start somewhere, all vaccines and medicines were new at some point.
New sure, but the Covid vaccines haven't had the proper testing in comparison to other modern medicines. And the media refuse to combat the issue, instead they're on what appears to be this collusion that lockdown = good always, mask = good always and vaccine = good always. Ridiculous.
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I thought the vaccine goes to people older first, then comes down to the younger ones? I think its because of your job (assuming in the dentistry field from your TSR name) . My cousin who is 29 is working in the NHS as an admin worker and got the jab.
Yes I got it because of my job as a dental nurse. If not I’d probably be one of the last to get it, and currently the GP practice where I had it done told me I was the youngest person to have had it there.
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no vaccine, no job I heard. No going abroad. The trains will require some sort of proof that you had the vaccine, I don’t want to get it but these rules are forcing everyone to get it.
The rules will be temporary. I will just have to stay where I am for a while until they remove them, I refuse to take a vaccine by pressure of the Government. I have read online articles comparing such a thing to institutional rape.
username5703502
Rep:
?
The rules will be temporary. I will just have to stay where I am for a while until they remove them, I refuse to take a vaccine by pressure of the Government. I have read online articles comparing such a thing to institutional rape.
You stay at home for the rest of your life, even if you’re required to look for work or training. I hope these rules are temporary for the sake of those of us not getting the vaccine
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
New sure, but the Covid vaccines haven't had the proper testing in comparison to other modern medicines. And the media refuse to combat the issue, instead they're on what appears to be this collusion that lockdown = good always, mask = good always and vaccine = good always. Ridiculous.
Honestly the media doesn’t help, I’ve seen a high volume of people who have had the virus and the vaccine, it’s dependent from person to person everyone is different therefore they will react differently.
Truth be told i don’t mind being a test trial because if it will help others it’s worth it. I was told the risk that they haven’t really tested a large number of young people for the Pfizer, but I thought we have to start somewhere right, so why not?
Thedentalone
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You stay at home for the rest of your life, even if you’re required to look for work or training. I hope these rules are temporary for the sake of those of us not getting the vaccine
Please talk to your GP. I really hope you reconsider. Everything I’ve said is true. Obviously it’s up to you, but just think about it x
username5703502
Rep:
?
Please talk to your GP. I really hope you reconsider. Everything I’ve said is true. Obviously it’s up to you, but just think about it x
Have you met people with delayed muscle tone? other words stick arms, I don’t know how I got injections as a baby but I am scared of this one. I am thinking about it and its a long time before I get the vaccine as I am 20 and currently unemployed.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads