Is anyone not getting the vaccine?

Watch
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anony345754)
You stay at home for the rest of your life, even if you’re required to look for work or training. I hope these rules are temporary for the sake of those of us not getting the vaccine
I haven't been staying home for a long time, however if it means I can't take public transport anymore, then I shall walk. And if it means I can't go into shops anymore, then I shall order. But by no means will I be forced to inject chemicals because Matt Hancock said so. And maybe that's extreme as a view, or maybe that's recognising the disgustingly authoritarian powers the Government have jumped to assume. Either way, I am no lesser a person than those who do comply to vaccination and that's all that matters.
username5703502
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by V℮rsions)
I haven't been staying home for a long time, however if it means I can't take public transport anymore, then I shall walk. And if it means I can't go into shops anymore, then I shall order. But by no means will I be forced to inject chemicals because Matt Hancock said so. And maybe that's extreme as a view, or maybe that's recognising the disgustingly authoritarian powers the Government have jumped to assume. Either way, I am no lesser a person than those who do comply to vaccination and that's all that matters.
what about jobs? are you going to say if it means I can’t get a job, I shall accept I can’t pay bills and earn a living anymore? I shall rely on the Governments benefits or rely on your partner or whoever to pay them?

I too am thinking about not getting the vaccine, I don’t want it to come across like we are arguing or anything.
Thedentalone
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Have you met people with delayed muscle tone? other words stick arms, I don’t know how I got injections as a baby but I am scared of this one. I am thinking about it and its a long time before I get the vaccine as I am 20 and currently unemployed.
Coincidentally I heard on the radio (probably not the most ideal reference) someone got the vaccine in their leg, due to fear of needles. Unfortunately I am not completely aware of delayed muscle tone, that’s why I suggest you talk to your GP.
However I’m pretty you can find employment without the vaccine, especially considering you generally can’t have it due to your age.
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
what about jobs? are you going to say if it means I can’t get a job, I shall accept I can’t pay bills and earn a living anymore? I shall rely on the Governments benefits or rely on your partner or whoever to pay them?

I too am thinking about not getting the vaccine, I don’t want it to come across like we are arguing or anything.
I think within the boundaries of realism there will not be restrictions on work and the vaccine apart from maybe 5% of jobs such as medicine -- however there are already laws in place requiring vaccinations for doctors on certain things, but I doubt these will spread towards the general work place.
username5703502
Rep:
?
I think within the boundaries of realism there will not be restrictions on work and the vaccine apart from maybe 5% of jobs such as medicine -- however there are already laws in place requiring vaccinations for doctors on certain things, but I doubt these will spread towards the general work place.
Assuming you work, what do you work as? This no jab no job policy might impact new employees.
username5703502
Rep:
?
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...iness-56113366
Last edited by username5703502; 2 weeks ago
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Assuming you work, what do you work as? This no jab no job policy might impact new employees.
I believe this No Jab No Job nonsense will make it's way to a court in due time. After all, it discriminates based not only on ones private belief, medical history but also currently on age basis (since the vaccine hasn't even been offered to younger people). Let's not get into the religious discrimination it brings as by product.

Plus, I believe it's already illegal to require medical treatment to be undergone for a job, or to extort someone into having medical treatment with the threat of no work.
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I believe this No Jab No Job nonsense will make it's way to a court in due time. After all, it discriminates based not only on ones private belief, medical history but also currently on age basis (since the vaccine hasn't even been offered to younger people). Let's not get into the religious discrimination it brings as by product.

Plus, I believe it's already illegal to require medical treatment to be undergone for a job, or to extort someone into having medical treatment with the threat of no work.

No jab no work has been in force in this country for many years. Eg, it is compulsory for Dentists and dental students in the UK to be immunised against hep B, literally had my 4th dose 2 weeks ago lol. So your last point is definitely false.

If this is at a government level and not private, then I'm sure private companies can easily demand it.
Last edited by Nuttyy; 2 weeks ago
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Nuttyy)
No jab no work has been in force in this country for many years. Eg, It is compulsory for Dentist and dental students in the UK to be immunised against hep B, literally had my 4th dose 2 weeks ago lol.

If this is at a government level and not private, then I'm sure private companies can easily demand it.
Yes, I've already addressed this if you read up 2 posts above, I am talking for the general work force

and no, it's not. There's a difference between working in the private and public sectors and the legalities of those differences allow discriminations in public work
Last edited by V℮rsions; 2 weeks ago
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, I've already addressed this if you read up 2 posts above, I am talking for the general work force

and no, it's not. There's a difference between working in the private and public sectors and the legalities of those differences allow discriminations in public work
Oh ok, just read your post haha.

My point is the can of worms was opened long ago, so it's very possible for companies to require it. You're already seeing it happen, especially with Qatar Airways only allowing vaccinated passengers etc.

I do agree though, it's an infringement in the autonomy any patient deserves. They're basically coerced in giving consent, which goes against the principles of medical ethics.
Last edited by Nuttyy; 2 weeks ago
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh ok, just read your post haha.

My point is the can of worms was opened long ago, so it's very possible for companies to require it. You're already seeing it happen, especially with Qatar Airways only allowing vaccinated passengers etc.
I absolutely believe it will, and has, spread to travel - the requirement for vaccination that is. However I personally don't see that as reason for me personally, or many others, to require vaccination to survive in the modern world, as I personally do not travel places for work, however for those who do they may want the vaccine for their own benefit, or these new policies may mean they are forced into getting vaccinated - which is abhorrent of the Government to do such a thing.

I think we need to really take a look at just how many people have died (as a Government this is) and reassess whether this overly aggressive lockdown and restriction is worth the hassle. Because quite frankly, controversial I know, I don't think global lockdowns were worth it. Less than 3 million deaths globally and less than 125K in the UK.
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I absolutely believe it will, and has, spread to travel - the requirement for vaccination that is. However I personally don't see that as reason for me personally, or many others, to require vaccination to survive in the modern world, as I personally do not travel places for work, however for those who do they may want the vaccine for their own benefit, or these new policies may mean they are forced into getting vaccinated - which is abhorrent of the Government to do such a thing.

I think we need to really take a look at just how many people have died (as a Government this is) and reassess whether this overly aggressive lockdown and restriction is worth the hassle. Because quite frankly, controversial I know, I don't think global lockdowns were worth it. Less than 3 million deaths globally and less than 125K in the UK.
Those numbers are low because of the national lockdowns we've had tbh. Assuming corona was allowed to freely move around and 60 million people got it in the UK, it would mean around 600k dying. Its selfish to think, "I'd survive it, so I'm not getting the vaccine". I mean, I had corona, but also had the vaccine for the sake of those around me.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago

I don’t think the lockdowns have saved even one life and they most definitely have ruined lives and killed people. Fewer than 3 million deaths worldwide in a year is absolutely nothing and does not constitute a pandemic. The actual death figure will be much lower because of the zealous and disingenuous way that covid deaths have been recorded. A vaccine was not really needed in the first place for a virus with such a tiny death rate. I think the median age of death from covid is over 82 years of age, so above the average life expectancy.
Nuttyy
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t think the lockdowns have saved even one life and they most definitely have ruined lives and killed people. Fewer than 3 million deaths worldwide in a year is absolutely nothing and does not constitute a pandemic. The actual death figure will be much lower because of the zealous and disingenuous way that covid deaths have been recorded. A vaccine was not really needed in the first place for a virus with such a tiny death rate. I think the median age of death from covid is over 82 years of age, so above the average life expectancy.

Vaccine not needed for a tiny death rate? You a clown or something lool. It's x10 the rate of the common flu, something which has a new vaccine every year.

I'm sure the graphs n data don't lie, when the country isn't in national lockdown, corona cases and deaths rise, when it goes into lockdown, the numbers are driven down.
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
Those numbers are low because of the national lockdowns we've had tbh. Assuming corona was allowed to freely move around and 60 million people got it in the UK, it would mean around 600k dying. Its selfish to think, "I'd survive it, so I'm not getting the vaccine". I mean, I had corona, but also had the vaccine for the sake of those around me.
There is absolutely no correlation between the number of covid deaths and whether a country locked down. You’re also not factoring in the many deaths around the world which the lockdowns have/will cause. Poverty will run riot in developing countries in particular. The impact on mental health, education etc etc etc has also not been factored in. A lot of people will never recover from the impact of the lockdowns. The lockdowns will NOT be judged kindly by historians.
SMEGGGY
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I'm not getting it, neither are a large section of my family. It hasn't been tested with enough vigour as it should have and therefore I refuse to put it inside of my body.
You'll be alone. Vaccine passports will mean you won't be allowed to go on the plane, shops, restaurants etc etc. They should forcefully vaccinate those like you.
Justaboutalive
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not sure, don't think about it too much yet.
4Skin
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My step-dad refused it because the AZ was all he was offered and he fears blood clots. My mum took it given the risk of her not taking it is much higher than the blood clots risk (kidney failure/diabetes/heart problems). She only had side effects for a day. I've had side effects for nearly four weeks now and kinda wish I hadn't taken it (very bad constant headache).
V℮rsions
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SMEGGGY)
You'll be alone. Vaccine passports will mean you won't be allowed to go on the plane, shops, restaurants etc etc. They should forcefully vaccinate those like you.
Vaccine passports will be temporary, I will wait it out. And I will probably be able to go into shops and restaurants to uphold human rights and because I doubt it will go that far - talking realistically here.

If you think the Government should be allowed to force a needle into someones skin to shoot chemicals into their veins then I don't think you should be allowed anywhere near political employment -- because that's a dangerous mentality and one which leads to authoritarian regimes. Quite a far right idea indeed...
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I won't have any of the covid vaccines.
I've only had one vaccine during childhood, for polio when I was staying with my uncle while my parents were away.
I'm very unlikely to have any more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads