Peeacee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi guys this year (September) I will start applying for degree apprenticeships. My goal is to apply for at least 7 level 6s and 2 level 4s in IT. Is that too much? I'm scared that if I only apply for like 3 I won't get in.
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Peeacee)
Hi guys this year (September) I will start applying for degree apprenticeships. My goal is to apply for at least 7 level 6s and 2 level 4s in IT. Is that too much? I'm scared that if I only apply for like 3 I won't get in.
Apply to as many as you can find. The more you apply to the more chances you'll get in.
Peeacee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
Apply to as many as you can find. The more you apply to the more chances you'll get in.
Thank you! I'm still deciding on what companies to apply for though cos I'm indecisive between software engineering, cyber security or IT consulting
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Peeacee)
Thank you! I'm still deciding on what companies to apply for though cos I'm indecisive between software engineering, cyber security or IT consulting
You don't need to decide yet, degree apprenticeships are notoriously competitive so you really need to apply for all that you can and then see your options if you get an offer/offers. You should focus on high quality apprenticeships in your first applications and then apply to the slightly worse ones as safety nets.
Peeacee
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
You don't need to decide yet, degree apprenticeships are notoriously competitive so you really need to apply for all that you can and then see your options if you get an offer/offers. You should focus on high quality apprenticeships in your first applications and then apply to the slightly worse ones as safety nets.
Oh thank you very much! you seem to have a lot of knowledge regarding apprenticeships 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (147)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (444)
14.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (338)
11.23%
Lack of purpose or motivation (420)
13.95%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (140)
4.65%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (182)
6.04%
Loneliness (259)
8.6%
Financial worries (109)
3.62%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (123)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (136)
4.52%
Lack of real life entertainment (163)
5.41%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (266)
8.83%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (284)
9.43%

Watched Threads