A brief six week blog by yours truly (:

Watch
ellaa01
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Y’know what’s really fulfilling? Looking back a few years and seeing how much you struggled with something, then snapping back to reality and see how all your hard work paid off. Academically, emotionally, physically, mentally: doesn’t matter. The pride you feel, the sense of being content with oneself, is all the same.
ellaa01
Being vague is so fun. I can write something with one thing in mind, then even as little as few minutes later, come back to it and think of another thing I could have made the same statement about. I do think being vague is a good think though, especially if you’re writing about something you plan on coming back to years later. The small details, although they may seem important now, are ultimately just small details; they’re unlikely to have any real significance come a few years time. The important part is effectively portraying the intent, the reason, in a way that you understand (if only you). That’s the representative part, that’s the symbolic part, the part that can be unceremoniously thrown out of all proportions and forcibly made to fit new sizes and scales as needed yet still make perfect sense. Throw a few unnecessary details in there, the piece doesn’t fit the puzzle so nicely anymore.
Wise Goldie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ellaa01)
Y’know what’s really fulfilling? Looking back a few years and seeing how much you struggled with something, then snapping back to reality and see how all your hard work paid off. Academically, emotionally, physically, mentally: doesn’t matter. The pride you feel, the sense of being content with oneself, is all the same.
wonder what your think when you see this forum in 2030 lol

dont tell you pupils you were ever on here:rofl:

Being vague is so fun. I can write something with one thing in mind, then even as little as few minutes later, come back to it and think of another thing I could have made the same statement about. I do think being vague is a good think though, especially if you’re writing about something you plan on coming back to years later. The small details, although they may seem important now, are ultimately just small details; they’re unlikely to have any real significance come a few years time. The important part is effectively portraying the intent, the reason, in a way that you understand (if only you). That’s the representative part, that’s the symbolic part, the part that can be unceremoniously thrown out of all proportions and forcibly made to fit new sizes and scales as needed yet still make perfect sense. Throw a few unnecessary details in there, the piece doesn’t fit the puzzle so nicely anymore.
i wont lie your the vagest perosn in world you write something and i always think is ella upset,angry,happy,worried lol

like you could say

cant believe it some people will never understand me

then im think what people,why dont they understand,why? LOL
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yup, 40 of them *sigh*
But it’s gotta be done, so I’m just gonna make the most out of it and try and enjoy myself as best I can ☺️
why you got so many exams ella????? is that normal 40?
ellaa01
(Original post by Wise Goldie)
wonder what your think when you see this forum in 2030 lol

dont tell you pupils you were ever on here:rofl:

i wont lie your the vagest perosn in world you write something and i always think is ella upset,angry,happy,worried lol

like you could say

cant believe it some people will never understand me

then im think what people,why dont they understand,why? LOL
No clue.

Intentional, it’s all intentional. And generally it is open to interpretation so I might write something with one emotion in mind and then something happens and my emotions change and so I might later perceive it differently and I find that so interesting and fun. Not only emotions but understandings of the mechanics of the world and people also.

(Original post by Wise Goldie)
why you got so many exams ella????? is that normal 40?
I’ve got to do them all as evidence, so my teachers can get a breadth of evidence to support what grade they award me. So say if one of my teachers claimed I work at a grade 7, they would need efficient evidence to back that up to show that that’s the case. By doing all these assessments, they can get the evidence they need, combined with a few assessments + mocks etc I’ve already completed previously.
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No clue.

Intentional, it’s all intentional. And generally it is open to interpretation so I might write something with one emotion in mind and then something happens and my emotions change and so I might later perceive it differently and I find that so interesting and fun. Not only emotions but understandings of the mechanics of the world and people also.

I’ve got to do them all as evidence, so my teachers can get a breadth of evidence to support what grade they award me. So say if one of my teachers claimed I work at a grade 7, they would need efficient evidence to back that up to show that that’s the case. By doing all these assessments, they can get the evidence they need, combined with a few assessments + mocks etc I’ve already completed previously.
oh i see good luck ella

you on this weekend? but then away is that right?
Last edited by Wise Goldie; 2 weeks ago
ellaa01
I never used to be as spontaneous as I now am, I used to follow schedules and routines fairly religiously when they were available, but I was never too dependent on them. Now I view them as a last resort, an unnecessary restriction of my oozing creativity and freewill.
ellaa01
And besides, I’ve never been particularly good at sticking to pre-decided, arranged time slots. I suppose maybe the spontaneity has always been there, I just shielded him, masked him, protected him from the disapproving glares of those who worship the orderly systems and schedules so dearly.
ellaa01
Ultimately though, as I was discussing with a friend earlier, it’s each to their own. You should do what’s most beneficial to you as an individual. Whether that be plan the details so you ensure what needs to be done gets done, or whether, like me, you just go with your gut and the vibe you’re feeling at that very moment. Not what the important people in your life think is best for you. Not what society encourages of us either. But what you think will help you the most, and you know yourself best. You should be the one to make that judgment.
ellaa01
One can never have too many notebooks.
ThatsAGoodOne349
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
notebooks.
I just saw words that I don't understand.
"too many" What is this - Notebooks are the best. Even the cheap ones from Pound shop.
ellaa01
(Original post by ThatsAGoodOne349)
I just saw words that I don't understand.
"too many" What is this - Notebooks are the best. Even the cheap ones from Pound shop.
exactly!! you can never have too many because there’s always a reason to need one
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
exactly!! you can never have too many because there’s always a reason to need one
I've had to make my own "notebook" before because I had no way to get one (was sunday)
So my A4 paper at that point became a note book lol
ellaa01
I've had to make my own "notebook" before because I had no way to get one (was sunday)
So my A4 paper at that point became a note book lol
Ahaha, I don’t think I’ve done that one before lolz.
Have you ever stuck two notebooks together because you ran out of pages and needed more in that notebook? I may be guilty of that one 🙋🏻
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ahaha, I don’t think I’ve done that one before lolz.
Have you ever stuck two notebooks together because you ran out of pages and needed more in that notebook? I may be guilty of that one 🙋🏻
Ive stuck multiple hardbacks together before...
Fun as that is, it got glue EVERYWHERE
ellaa01
Ive stuck multiple hardbacks together before...
Fun as that is, it got glue EVERYWHERE
Oh my god, I’m so clumsy I would be the very same lmao.
That must’ve been one thick notebook in the end 😂
ThatsAGoodOne349
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If you imagine a stack of hardback books neatly lined up in a stack, it would be like that. Opening it in the middle was a pain though!

Just got hit by some slightly upsetting news so trying to keep positive
Wise Goldie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
oh yeh what happened to clumsy ella is she still active lol
ellaa01
If you imagine a stack of hardback books neatly lined up in a stack, it would be like that. Opening it in the middle was a pain though!

Just got hit by some slightly upsetting news so trying to keep positive
I imagine it probably was!
I’m sorry to hear it! My PMs are open if you ever wanna chat about anything 🙂
ellaa01
Today’s been the least productive day so far but that’s okay! I didn’t finish everything I set out to do but that’s okay too! There’s always tomorrow, or the day after, or the day after that. There’s no unnecessary pressure here, we don’t need that negative energy.

Besides, today is temporary, swag is forever 😎
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads