ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago

Welcome to the University of St Andrews Medicine (A101) / ScotGEM 2021 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subjects/medicine/

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 2 weeks ago
JSTLjack
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hello everyone! Congratulations 🎉
KookqNs22
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey! Congrats🥳! Has anyone firmed their offer on Ucas yet?
phdmed
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by KookqNs22)
Hey! Congrats🥳! Has anyone firmed their offer on Ucas yet?
I have! I uploaded my qualifications and had my offer changed to unconditional 🤗
rorymjamieson
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I’ve also firmed! Has anyone already applied for student accommodation? Think I’m gonna wait until after the presentation tomorrow
KookqNs22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah I'm hoping to firm this week too! (sadly can't yet until I've got all uni decisions😩)
KookqNs22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rorymjamieson)
I’ve also firmed! Has anyone already applied for student accommodation? Think I’m gonna wait until after the presentation tomorrow
Same I haven't applied yet, hoping to get more info from the presentation
phdmed
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Logic4Life)
Does anyone know if we need to upload AS level certificates or will A level ones just be fine?
I think you need to upload all qualifications listed on your ucas
michael.abee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Did anyone go to the Accommodation and Finance talk yesterday? I wasn't able to attend and wonder what they said
KookqNs22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by michael.abee)
Did anyone go to the Accommodation and Finance talk yesterday? I wasn't able to attend and wonder what they said
It was mainly about all the halls choices which are all on the uni website. DRA/Fife Park halls specifically cover the full term time for the course (till June as opposed to May). The finance talk info was also on the webpage and you could email the admin if you had specific Q's
lexatac
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It was mainly about all the halls choices which are all on the uni website. DRA/Fife Park halls specifically cover the full term time for the course (till June as opposed to May). The finance talk info was also on the webpage and you could email the admin if you had specific Q's
Did anyone understand the second year accommodation reimbursement discussion? It sounded to me like it made no sense!
KookqNs22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by lexatac)
Did anyone understand the second year accommodation reimbursement discussion? It sounded to me like it made no sense!
I understood that all placement accommodation would be reimbursed for 2nd year but for 3rd year they would only reimburse you if the accommodation fees went over a specific amount- the excess they would then cover (I may be wrong!). I also found it confusing, surely they will provide clear information about it when needed.
lexatac
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I understood that all placement accommodation would be reimbursed for 2nd year but for 3rd year they would only reimburse you if the accommodation fees went over a specific amount- the excess they would then cover (I may be wrong!). I also found it confusing, surely they will provide clear information about it when needed.
Ah! I was convinced they said that in third year the amount under £400 would be reimbursed if the total was over £400 but you had to pay the entire cost if it was under that, which was just weird! Your explanation makes more sense, and we obviously don't need to worry about it yet Thanks!
phdmed
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ah! I was convinced they said that in third year the amount under £400 would be reimbursed if the total was over £400 but you had to pay the entire cost if it was under that, which was just weird! Your explanation makes more sense, and we obviously don't need to worry about it yet Thanks!
That was how I interpreted it too which just seems unfair. But I plan on not thinking about it too much until we have to haha!
KookqNs22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yh I think that's right for fees> 400, they provide up to 400. Fees<400, you fund yourself. Yup really odd but, luckily we don't have to worry about it now
Logic4Life
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Did anyone who went to the session on Thursday mind giving a brief overview of what was talked about?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (550)
14.67%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (419)
11.18%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.76%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.99%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.95%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (334)
8.91%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.39%

Watched Threads