Manchester Met or Northumbria University?

Watch
16sivanx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
tell me which one you would rather study at and a reason why if you wouldn’t mind!! (please don’t answer with it depends) i have two identical offers for criminology and i’m stuck between them :/
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How to Choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...urance-choices
Also, look for Campus Tour films on YouTube - this will give you an idea of what each one looks like and 'feels' like.
KeepingUpWKate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 16sivanx)
tell me which one you would rather study at and a reason why if you wouldn’t mind!! (please don’t answer with it depends) i have two identical offers for criminology and i’m stuck between them :/
Northumbria University but I may be biased because I am from Newcastle haha
Manchester Metropolitan University
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi 16sivanx

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study with us and one from Northumbria! :yeah:

We understand it can be hard to decide which university you would like to go to! Our Manchester Met campus is based right in the city centre, and is only a short walk/bus ride to many local attractions in Manchester. We have elite sports, a legendary music scene and a rich cultural history. From our fashion-forward shopping to our restaurants that serve food from every corner of the globe, you’ll never run out of reasons to love Manchester. The city is a hotbed for media and creativity, and a growing powerhouse driven by science, engineering and big business.

I would recommend taking a look into the courses a little more and check the course content of what you will be studying as topics can vary from university to university. You may also find it helpful to explore online campus tours to give you a better feel of the universities. You can access our Manchester Met tour here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/virtualtour/#

You may find it useful to chat with one of our current Students on our Access Platform. Students can chat with you about student life and what it is like studying courses at Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/chatwithus/

I hope this helps you decide! Best of luck
Carly
rice420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i'd probably go northumbria, newcastle is the best city for students in the uk
16sivanx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
just an update - i chose northumbria as my firm and manchester as my insurance. whilst i would love to go to manchester because its always been something i wanted to do, northumbria beats it when it comes to living costs and places to live etc and it was just a better suited location for me. thank you for the help everyone!
rice420
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
just an update - i chose northumbria as my firm and manchester as my insurance. whilst i would love to go to manchester because its always been something i wanted to do, northumbria beats it when it comes to living costs and places to live etc and it was just a better suited location for me. thank you for the help everyone!
lool right choice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (77)
4.73%
Uncertainty around my education (250)
15.37%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (179)
11%
Lack of purpose or motivation (229)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (73)
4.49%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (95)
5.84%
Loneliness (140)
8.6%
Financial worries (58)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (73)
4.49%
Exposure to negative news/social media (80)
4.92%
Lack of real life entertainment (85)
5.22%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (140)
8.6%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (148)
9.1%

Watched Threads