The Student Room Group

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Manchester Met or Northumbria University?

tell me which one you would rather study at and a reason why if you wouldn’t mind!! (please don’t answer with it depends) i have two identical offers for criminology and i’m stuck between them :/
How to Choose Firm and Insurance : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/firm-and-insurance-choices
Also, look for Campus Tour films on YouTube - this will give you an idea of what each one looks like and 'feels' like.
Original post by 16sivanx
tell me which one you would rather study at and a reason why if you wouldn’t mind!! (please don’t answer with it depends) i have two identical offers for criminology and i’m stuck between them :/

Northumbria University but I may be biased because I am from Newcastle haha

Hi @16sivanx

Congratulations on receiving an offer to study with us and one from Northumbria! :yeah:

We understand it can be hard to decide which university you would like to go to! Our Manchester Met campus is based right in the city centre, and is only a short walk/bus ride to many local attractions in Manchester. We have elite sports, a legendary music scene and a rich cultural history. From our fashion-forward shopping to our restaurants that serve food from every corner of the globe, you’ll never run out of reasons to love Manchester. The city is a hotbed for media and creativity, and a growing powerhouse driven by science, engineering and big business.

I would recommend taking a look into the courses a little more and check the course content of what you will be studying as topics can vary from university to university. You may also find it helpful to explore online campus tours to give you a better feel of the universities. You can access our Manchester Met tour here: https://www.mmu.ac.uk/virtualtour/#

You may find it useful to chat with one of our current Students on our Access Platform. Students can chat with you about student life and what it is like studying courses at Manchester Met https://www.mmu.ac.uk/chatwithus/

I hope this helps you decide! Best of luck
Carly :smile:
Reply 4
i'd probably go northumbria, newcastle is the best city for students in the uk
Reply 5
just an update - i chose northumbria as my firm and manchester as my insurance. whilst i would love to go to manchester because its always been something i wanted to do, northumbria beats it when it comes to living costs and places to live etc and it was just a better suited location for me. thank you for the help everyone!
Reply 6
just an update - i chose northumbria as my firm and manchester as my insurance. whilst i would love to go to manchester because its always been something i wanted to do, northumbria beats it when it comes to living costs and places to live etc and it was just a better suited location for me. thank you for the help everyone!

lool right choice

A late comment I know but just saw it!!!Hows going on there at northumbria.. I planning to come for business studies but they say although uni is fine it's quite hard to find part time jobs in Newcastle for students.. what do u say about this??
Reply 8
i unfortunately didn’t get in and ended up at Sunderland doing a foundation year. i plan on starting my degree at Northumbria in september though. i still go to newcastle a lot and its a great place and there’s plenty of part time job opportunities in the city, especially bar jobs. good luck!
Original post by Aesopzai
A late comment I know but just saw it!!!Hows going on there at northumbria.. I planning to come for business studies but they say although uni is fine it's quite hard to find part time jobs in Newcastle for students.. what do u say about this??

Hi! It is great to hear you are interested in studying at Northumbria University! The campus is located in Newcastle city centre, which means there is lots of shop, cafes and restaurants close by. There is also have a Graduates Futures Team which support all of their students and graduates in finding jobs - https://www.northumbria.ac.uk/study-at-northumbria/planning-your-career/careers-and-employment/about-us/

Hope this helps!

Becky
UG Student Rep
i unfortunately didn’t get in and ended up at Sunderland doing a foundation year. i plan on starting my degree at Northumbria in september though. i still go to newcastle a lot and its a great place and there’s plenty of part time job opportunities in the city, especially bar jobs. good luck!

Hope your foundation year is going well, we can't wait to welcome you to Northumbria in September!
Original post by Northumbria University UG Rep
Hope your foundation year is going well, we can't wait to welcome you to Northumbria in September

I am an international student and I ve got unconditional offers from northumbria and liverpool john Moores university for MSc Digital marketing..I am inclined more towards northumbria keeping in mind that the business school is a little high in ranking and Newcastle seems more safe to me as my family ll be joining me too afterwards but people on internet say I'll regret going to northumbria Newcastle bcoz of no part-time jobs and little opportunities compared to liverpool alongwith bad weather conditions...just for this reason I am thinking of dropping my offer from northumbria.. that made me so confused..although I'll not be dependent fully on part-time jobs but its important to get one for exposure and obviously for some extra cash. I dont know which one to confirm..university is my second preference..more important for me is location.. plz advise me as I've never been to UK before and dont have anyone over there to ask from. Thanks a lot!!

Latest