The Student Room Group

Is having sugary snacks okay on weight loss

Need to loose one stone by mid May. Already lost 2 but took 3 months. I’m not loosing anything rn cause I’ve hit a plateau, but I tried a few things and I’m going to see if my weight has changed when I weigh myself next week. But can I still consume sugary snacks like chocolates and biscuits as long as I’m in a calorie deficit and exercising because I have a massive sweet tooth. Not just weight though I’m tryna loose body fat this time aswel. I know one stone is a stretch but a lot of people have done it. All my meals are healthy and nutrition densed I just struggle with the snacking part but I’m always on a calorie deficit I never binge or go over it.
Ultra processed snacks high in refined sugar, dairy and carbs are very likely to slow down the pace of reaching your weight loss target.
Can you reduce the snacking to two days a week and and increase your hiit workouts?
Or substitute high processed snacks for a piece of fruit, nuts or a freshly prepared raw salad without any mayo or dairy products.
Plus drinking plenty of still unflavoured water.
Yes as long as you don't exceed your calories.
Original post by londonmyst
Ultra processed snacks high in refined sugar, dairy and carbs are very likely to slow down the pace of reaching your weight loss target.
Can you reduce the snacking to two days a week and and increase your hiit workouts?
Or substitute high processed snacks for a piece of fruit, nuts or a freshly prepared raw salad without any mayo or dairy products.
Plus drinking plenty of still unflavoured water.

Thanks and I can try but it’s so bad all I think about is sugar all day long I’d rather have a tray of brownies for dinner than an actual meal. I seriously dont know what’s wrong with me sugar is always on my mind
you might have a sugar "addiction".
Reducing your intake can really help as foods like fruits start to taste really sweet.
You also have more energy and feel less bloated and stuff.

I really recommend trying to eat less sugar, just reducing it a little at a time so you have it as treats in moderation. Also it's more satisfying that way as it feels like something special!! :smile:
As for me, it is possible, but in moderation.

Quick Reply

Latest