The Student Room Group

Job at 17

I want to work at 17 and I have no idea what to do. My social skills aren’t that bad but I feel like it’s I’m not as confident and I want to do better and have experience working with colleagues whilst making some money. Can anyone just share where they worked as a student and how did that go for you please?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous7762
I want to work at 17 and I have no idea what to do. My social skills aren’t that bad but I feel like it’s I’m not as confident and I want to do better and have experience working with colleagues whilst making some money. Can anyone just share where they worked as a student and how did that go for you please?

Anywhere local is always a good place to start. I tried many different places until I found a job that suited me. My first job was straight in the deep end (slaughterman, I know lol) but it wasn’t my thing so I didn’t stay long, but it adds to the CV. I worked the local shop & JD Sports for months until just recently Asda. I’m 19 and the fear of feeling not confident goes away instantly once you land that job, everyone is there to help you and you’ll learn the ropes within the first few shifts. Good luck with your search!
Original post by ry2001
Anywhere local is always a good place to start. I tried many different places until I found a job that suited me. My first job was straight in the deep end (slaughterman, I know lol) but it wasn’t my thing so I didn’t stay long, but it adds to the CV. I worked the local shop & JD Sports for months until just recently Asda. I’m 19 and the fear of feeling not confident goes away instantly once you land that job, everyone is there to help you and you’ll learn the ropes within the first few shifts. Good luck with your search!

Thank you soo much :smile:
Original post by Anonymous7762

Maybe a waiter or hostess?

Quick Reply

Latest