pamoche
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Has anyone managed to lose weight or look more toned from running (5k) without much change to diet? Although I don't think I've lost any weight or look any different appearance wise, I definitely have better stamina and can run further than ever before
It would be more motivating if I could see a physical change too, just want to see if it's possible without some diet since I eat pretty balanced anyways
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I did lose a bit of weight when I first started running, but reached a steady state fairly quickly as I was doing it to improve my fitness and didn't have much to lose! I did some marathons, but my weight varied by only 4lbs each way between regular runnning sessions (10-12 miles, 3-4 times a week) and upping the distances to prepare for a race, plus eating a few more carbs.

I did a lot of hill work, but found my arms weren't as strong as I thought when I started doing dance aerobic and exercises classes with resistance bands and hand weights.

You'll lose weight with running as exercise, but don't rely on it to look toned.
pamoche
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
I did lose a bit of weight when I first started running, but reached a steady state fairly quickly as I was doing it to improve my fitness and didn't have much to lose! I did some marathons, but my weight varied by only 4lbs each way between regular runnning sessions (10-12 miles, 3-4 times a week) and upping the distances to prepare for a race, plus eating a few more carbs.

I did a lot of hill work, but found my arms weren't as strong as I thought when I started doing dance aerobic and exercises classes with resistance bands and hand weights.

You'll lose weight with running as exercise, but don't rely on it to look toned.
Yeah that makes sense with running being cardio.. didn't expect anything other than losing a bit of weight and better stamina at most, thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (158)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (471)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (360)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (451)
14.01%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (151)
4.69%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (193)
6%
Loneliness (279)
8.67%
Financial worries (114)
3.54%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (129)
4.01%
Exposure to negative news/social media (146)
4.54%
Lack of real life entertainment (177)
5.5%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (287)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (302)
9.38%

Watched Threads