Provisional license application

Watch
Andrew38.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Hi my name is Andrew, I'm trying to apply for my first application how ever becasue I havent got a UK passport I have to get someone with a profession and has a full driving license to complete part 2 of my application how ever due to my mental health making be housebound for 7 years only past couple months I took the big step to come out of been housebound I feel like I'm in no man's land having no friends and just moving to a new area places like a GP or other health services can't do it you need to of knowing them atleast 2 years has anyone got some advice? Thanks
WantBeAnonymous
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Go back to your old GP
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew38.)
Hi my name is Andrew, I'm trying to apply for my first application how ever becasue I havent got a UK passport I have to get someone with a profession and has a full driving license to complete part 2 of my application how ever due to my mental health making be housebound for 7 years only past couple months I took the big step to come out of been housebound I feel like I'm in no man's land having no friends and just moving to a new area places like a GP or other health services can't do it you need to of knowing them atleast 2 years has anyone got some advice? Thanks
Unlike a passport, you don't need someone in a special list of professions...

The criteria is as follows:

"The person signing the form and photo must:

- hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
- be resident in the UK
- know you personally (for 2+ years)
- not be a relative
- not be living at the same address as you".

Do you have any friends who hold a driving licence? Yes? Good. There's your countersignatory.
Last edited by IWMTom; 2 weeks ago
Andrew38.
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
Unlike a passport, you don't need someone in a special list of professions...

The criteria is as follows:

"The person signing the form and photo must:

- hold a valid GB photocard driving licence
- be resident in the UK
- know you personally (for 2+ years)
- not be a relative
- not be living at the same address as you".

Do you have any friends who hold a driving licence? Yes? Good. There's your countersignatory.
First of all really appreciate you been here to try help me out , I assumed my mental health nurse would be most appropriate but when he looked at it becasue only known me a year couldn't do it , with spending 7 years housebound and finally taking huge step coming out of been housebound due to my mental health diagnosis making me have a fear of going outside comes with that is having no friends plus moving to a new area regestiring with new services like GP + other medical services offered to do it but when I went to take it to them explained don't know me well enough ,I called passport office just abit of advice if this was me dealing with them in a passport sanario what they advised me to do is write a note to put in the evenlope explain your circumstances very unsure it's gonna work but guess all can do is try
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Andrew38.)
First of all really appreciate you been here to try help me out , I assumed my mental health nurse would be most appropriate but when he looked at it becasue only known me a year couldn't do it , with spending 7 years housebound and finally taking huge step coming out of been housebound due to my mental health diagnosis making me have a fear of going outside comes with that is having no friends plus moving to a new area regestiring with new services like GP + other medical services offered to do it but when I went to take it to them explained don't know me well enough ,I called passport office just abit of advice if this was me dealing with them in a passport sanario what they advised me to do is write a note to put in the evenlope explain your circumstances very unsure it's gonna work but guess all can do is try
Is this not for a provisional licence?
BohemianPhysics
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do any of your relatives have friends you could ask? Even if they don't know you well they'd be aware you exist.....

As someone else said your old GP or any old teachers could help.

I'd definitely write a note with it to explain

That's very unfortunate that you lost your friends by being housebound. I really feel for you there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (160)
4.88%
Uncertainty around my education (480)
14.64%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (369)
11.25%
Lack of purpose or motivation (459)
14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (154)
4.7%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (199)
6.07%
Loneliness (280)
8.54%
Financial worries (114)
3.48%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (132)
4.03%
Exposure to negative news/social media (150)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (180)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (295)
9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (307)
9.36%

Watched Threads