why do people get so offended with non voters people who dont vote

Watch
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Starship Trooper)
Heh, you're not entirely wrong tbf. And when this stupid lockdown etc is over I shall endeavour to do just that.

But in my defense this thread was, judging by the "women died" comment in the OP addressed to women. It's less damaging for men to waste their early years on politics than it is for women as women have a narrow gap to have children and most successful men will not be interested in older women. Men in comparison get (if they look after themselves) get better looking and more successful when theyre more mature.
You can both focus on politics and have children, or do you think women are too feeble to focus on more than one thing at a time?

This also ignores the fact that you've basically reduced women down to nothing more than walking ovaries.
Starship Trooper
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SHallowvale)
You can both focus on politics and have children, or do you think women are too feeble to focus on more than one thing at a time?

This also ignores the fact that you've basically reduced women down to nothing more than walking ovaries.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Most people should be apolitical and just get on with life instead of worrying about politics under normal circumstances. How ever because of the extreme and intrusive liberal politics being forced upon us this makes it impossible.

I would never reduce mothers and wives as walking ovaries: that's what leftists and feminists do.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Most people should be apolitical and just get on with life instead of worrying about politics under normal circumstances. How ever because of the extreme and intrusive liberal politics being forced upon us this makes it impossible.

I would never reduce mothers and wives as walking ovaries: that's what leftists and feminists do.
Politics affects what rights we have, where we can live, what money we can earn, what our future might look like, etc. It is in everyone's interest to focus on politics because it affects everyone's life.

By saying that women should solely focus on getting a husband and having children, you are reducing them to walking ovaries. Clearly whatever aspirations they have don't matter to you.
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Politics affects what rights we have, where we can live, what money we can earn, what our future might look like, etc. It is in everyone's interest to focus on politics because it affects everyone's life.

By saying that women should solely focus on getting a husband and having children, you are reducing them to walking ovaries. Clearly whatever aspirations they have don't matter to you.
Most people Don't need politics which just gets in the way and this has historically how society has operated. Modern technology has rendered most of the previous problems irrelevant which is why people have to make up new outrages like 'unconscious bias' and ',hate speech' so that certain groups can get more and more "rights" at the expense of the majority.

Where did I say they should "solely" focus on them ? I also said they should focus on improving themselves and learning important skills or having interests like music etc. You are just slandering stay at home mums for putting their offspring first.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Most people Don't need politics which just gets in the way and this has historically how society has operated. Modern technology has rendered most of the previous problems irrelevant which is why people have to make up new outrages like 'unconscious bias' and ',hate speech' so that certain groups can get more and more "rights" at the expense of the majority.

Where did I say they should "solely" focus on them ? I also said they should focus on improving themselves and learning important skills or having interests like music etc. You are just slandering stay at home mums for putting their offspring first.
If politics affects what rights I have / don't have, why shouldn't I care about politics?

You said that women shouldn't focus on politics even if they already had children, so it seemed reasonable to assume that children and marriage should be their sole focuses. Perhaps I overlooked something, but a quick CTRL + F search over the last page showed no mention of music or learning important skills, so please direct me to where you had said that?
Starship Trooper
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If politics affects what rights I have / don't have, why shouldn't I care about politics?

You said that women shouldn't focus on politics even if they already had children, so it seemed reasonable to assume that children and marriage should be their sole focuses. Perhaps I overlooked something, but a quick CTRL + F search over the last page showed no mention of music or learning important skills, so please direct me to where you had said that?
Well that's my point. Most people don't need to worry about that.

I said in post #6 that you should improve yourself. Learning an instrument or an important skill I think falls under that.
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well that's my point. Most people don't need to worry about that.

I said in post #6 that you should improve yourself. Learning an instrument or an important skill I think falls under that.
Why not, though? Politics affects the rights that you and I have both, so why should neither of us care about it?
BitMel
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Some people feel entitled to your vote. So its like how dare you dont vote for who i'm voting for!

Some people think not voting equals voting for the other person.

Some people just think it's stupid not to vote because they think you should care more about your society and how it benefits you- but these people dont typically have the most aggressive or intrusive behaviour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (189)
5.04%
Uncertainty around my education (551)
14.69%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (420)
11.19%
Lack of purpose or motivation (516)
13.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (187)
4.98%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (223)
5.94%
Loneliness (315)
8.4%
Financial worries (138)
3.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (145)
3.86%
Exposure to negative news/social media (168)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (213)
5.68%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (335)
8.93%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (352)
9.38%

Watched Threads