The Student Room Group

Want to lose 5-6 kgs in 40 days time

Hi everyone,
I currently weigh 63 kgs and I want to lose 5/6 kgs in the next 40 days.
I plan to have 3 boiled egg whites (48 calories) with green tea for breakfast
An apple for snack (80 calories)
Grilled chicken breast and a cup of brown rice (500 calories) for lunch OR lentil soup with grilled chicken (500 calories)
Dinner oatmeal (170 calories) with 10 almonds (68 calories )
Total calories for the day (consumed)= 900

I am planning to burn 250 calories by walking to work and 400 calories after work on the rowing machine = 600-650 calories burned through walking and rowing machine
2 cheat meals over the weekend ( peri peri burger and chips lol)

Do you think I will lose atleast 5 kgs with this plan?
900 calories a day is not sustainable!! Please give your body the nutrition it needs and rest when you need to. Personally I think it would be best to just focus on whole foods and limit refined carbs and sugary foods to like once or twice a week. This should give you an overall lower calorie intake and will help you lose weight (aim for like a kg a week)
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I currently weigh 63 kgs and I want to lose 5/6 kgs in the next 40 days.
I plan to have 3 boiled egg whites (48 calories) with green tea for breakfast
An apple for snack (80 calories)
Grilled chicken breast and a cup of brown rice (500 calories) for lunch OR lentil soup with grilled chicken (500 calories)
Dinner oatmeal (170 calories) with 10 almonds (68 calories )
Total calories for the day (consumed)= 900

I am planning to burn 250 calories by walking to work and 400 calories after work on the rowing machine = 600-650 calories burned through walking and rowing machine
2 cheat meals over the weekend ( peri peri burger and chips lol)

Do you think I will lose atleast 5 kgs with this plan?

That isn't enough calories! need 1200 absolute minimum to have any chance of getting all the nutrients you need.
Reply 3
Not only is that too few calories, it's a shocking diet as it lacks variety across the food groups and doesnt contain the right nutrients; where's the veg and fruit?

How old are you, are you in the healthy BMI range? Why such a specific timeframe for weight loss and why 5-6kg?

Quick Reply

Latest