Who wears suncream everyday?

Watch
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pompompom29)
Yes, I do. I wear SPF50 daily. Burning isn’t really an issue in the UK, so I use sunscreen to to prevent from skin cancer and prevent premature aging. 90% of aging skin is caused by sun exposure.This includes wrinkles, pigmentation and sagging. Looking youthful and healthy is important to me.

Also, I don’t understand the logic of only wearing sunscreen on holidays or in sunny weather. UVA rays are present all year round. Whilst these rays do not cause burning, they do contribute to skin cancer and photo damage. All the skin damage you young ones get now will show up in your 40s and 50s.
Does your sun screen protect against UVA? Because not all do.

I used to wear moisturiser with SPF on my face but they have changed the formula, which made it greasy, so I now get the non-SPF version. I don't wear sunscreen on other parts of my body as I wear long sleeves and trousers.
Rufus the red
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Do you wear sunscreen ⁉️
Do you use interrobangs‽
Spoiler:
Show
Sneakily evades question at hand by asking another one. :cool:
Spoiler:
Show
No, I don't.

rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Not me
pompompom29
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by black tea)
Does your sun screen protect against UVA? Because not all do.

I used to wear moisturiser with SPF on my face but they have changed the formula, which made it greasy, so I now get the non-SPF version. I don't wear sunscreen on other parts of my body as I wear long sleeves and trousers.
Yes, that’s really important. Some sunscreens have such low UVAPF/ PPD that they shouldn’t even be on the market. I use the La Roche Posay Shaka Fluid, which has one of the highest PPD ratings of all sunscreens. Garnier have a much cheaper dupe of this that is less greasy.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a light or totally non-greasy sunscreen that has both high UVA and high UVB protection.
redoubtable
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
anyone got suggestions for spf that won't make me break out? I have oily skin
pompompom29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by redoubtable)
La Roche Posay has an “anti-shine” sunscreen. But kinda expensive for a small bottle. It’s on sale at Superdrug atm.
Last edited by pompompom29; 2 weeks ago
a.planet
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
yup. whenever i leave the house...
Yazomi
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Hellohsjakodsmka)
Yours truly 😎

Spoiler:
Show
like 4 times a day lol
What sun cream would you recommend
Igniform
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
How do you have any vitamin D If you wear sun cream all the time? You might be saving yourself from skin cancers but then you might get osteoporosis instead.
pompompom29
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Igniform)
How do you have any vitamin D If you wear sun cream all the time? You might be saving yourself from skin cancers but then you might get osteoporosis instead.
From a pill? There’s not enough sunshine in the Autumn, Winter and early Spring months to get adequate vitamin D in the UK anyway. The NHS recommend a supplement to be taken between October and March. So even without sunscreen, you won’t get enough vitamin D.
Celtic Conjurer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope, only when it’s very sunny. Wearing sunscreen every day isn’t going to reduce the chance of getting skin cancer in any significant way; the majority of people never get skin cancer anyway and they don’t wear sunscreen.
wokirow
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Everyday without fail. It doesn't even matter I'm not leaving the house! I have noticed huge differences since I've started- any acne scars I get disappear significantly faster, and are much less pigmented (I imagine due to reduced sun damage). I think it's worth it long-term, and everyone should invest in one.
Igniform
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by pompompom29)
From a pill? There’s not enough sunshine in the Autumn, Winter and early Spring months to get adequate vitamin D in the UK anyway. The NHS recommend a supplement to be taken between October and March. So even without sunscreen, you won’t get enough vitamin D.
Vitamin D pills give you far less than you would get from even a few minutes of sunshine. A 1000 IU pill is only 4 minutes of sunshine. They have little effect also because it is unnatural for the body to absorb vitamin D from the diet.
My lecturer said you do not need vitamin D pills in the winter if you have enough from the summer and also said that since it's a hormone (rather than a proper vitamin) it is involved in regulation of your internal clock, so taking it in winter might confuse that system.
I used to take vitamin D pills often but having done my reading I see no point, I think they are just a ploy by the big pharma for extra profit.
Anyway, I'm not saying don't wear suncream, just that you do need some sun....
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maisybh)
Just curious as to how many people do this!
Me
jademowry123
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maisybh)
Just curious as to how many people do this!
nope
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by redoubtable)
Olay Day Fluid Moisturiser, SPF 15. Use it on my face every day without a problem; I've even had eczema on my face, but it didn't exacerbate it.

Make sure you try the right one (in the white bottle with the black lid). I once bought the Total Effects, but found it too greasy for me.
HighlandCows
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have rosacea so wear factor 50 on my face every day, otherwise my cheeks turn bright red with itching and stinging.
V℮rsions
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nah, I just always assumed being brown meant I've got my own sunscreen.
something_orphic
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I try to but sometimes when im in a rush i forget. Most days i do.
Bumble18
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Every day in the summer I wear a high SPF moisturiser. I know I should wear sun protection year round, but I hate how SPF products feel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (197)
5.05%
Uncertainty around my education (566)
14.5%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (440)
11.27%
Lack of purpose or motivation (538)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (193)
4.94%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (234)
5.99%
Loneliness (329)
8.43%
Financial worries (143)
3.66%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (153)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (175)
4.48%
Lack of real life entertainment (219)
5.61%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (350)
8.97%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (367)
9.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise