The Student Room Group

Who wears suncream everyday?

Scroll to see replies

Not me
Original post by black tea
Does your sun screen protect against UVA? Because not all do.

I used to wear moisturiser with SPF on my face but they have changed the formula, which made it greasy, so I now get the non-SPF version. I don't wear sunscreen on other parts of my body as I wear long sleeves and trousers.

Yes, that’s really important. Some sunscreens have such low UVAPF/ PPD that they shouldn’t even be on the market. I use the La Roche Posay Shaka Fluid, which has one of the highest PPD ratings of all sunscreens. Garnier have a much cheaper dupe of this that is less greasy.

Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a light or totally non-greasy sunscreen that has both high UVA and high UVB protection.
anyone got suggestions for spf that won't make me break out? I have oily skin:s-smilie:
Original post by redoubtable
anyone got suggestions for spf that won't make me break out? I have oily skin:s-smilie:

La Roche Posay has an “anti-shine” sunscreen. But kinda expensive for a small bottle. It’s on sale at Superdrug atm.
(edited 3 years ago)
yup. whenever i leave the house...
Reply 25
What sun cream would you recommend
How do you have any vitamin D If you wear sun cream all the time? You might be saving yourself from skin cancers but then you might get osteoporosis instead.
Original post by Igniform
How do you have any vitamin D If you wear sun cream all the time? You might be saving yourself from skin cancers but then you might get osteoporosis instead.

From a pill? There’s not enough sunshine in the Autumn, Winter and early Spring months to get adequate vitamin D in the UK anyway. The NHS recommend a supplement to be taken between October and March. So even without sunscreen, you won’t get enough vitamin D.
Nope, only when it’s very sunny. Wearing sunscreen every day isn’t going to reduce the chance of getting skin cancer in any significant way; the majority of people never get skin cancer anyway and they don’t wear sunscreen.
Everyday without fail. It doesn't even matter I'm not leaving the house! I have noticed huge differences since I've started- any acne scars I get disappear significantly faster, and are much less pigmented (I imagine due to reduced sun damage). I think it's worth it long-term, and everyone should invest in one.
Original post by pompompom29
From a pill? There’s not enough sunshine in the Autumn, Winter and early Spring months to get adequate vitamin D in the UK anyway. The NHS recommend a supplement to be taken between October and March. So even without sunscreen, you won’t get enough vitamin D.

Vitamin D pills give you far less than you would get from even a few minutes of sunshine. A 1000 IU pill is only 4 minutes of sunshine. They have little effect also because it is unnatural for the body to absorb vitamin D from the diet.
My lecturer said you do not need vitamin D pills in the winter if you have enough from the summer and also said that since it's a hormone (rather than a proper vitamin) it is involved in regulation of your internal clock, so taking it in winter might confuse that system.
I used to take vitamin D pills often but having done my reading I see no point, I think they are just a ploy by the big pharma for extra profit.
Anyway, I'm not saying don't wear suncream, just that you do need some sun....
Original post by maisybh
Just curious as to how many people do this! :smile:

Me
Original post by maisybh
Just curious as to how many people do this! :smile:

nope
Reply 33
Original post by redoubtable

Olay Day Fluid Moisturiser, SPF 15. Use it on my face every day without a problem; I've even had eczema on my face, but it didn't exacerbate it.

Make sure you try the right one (in the white bottle with the black lid). I once bought the Total Effects, but found it too greasy for me.
I have rosacea so wear factor 50 on my face every day, otherwise my cheeks turn bright red with itching and stinging.
Nah, I just always assumed being brown meant I've got my own sunscreen.
I try to but sometimes when im in a rush i forget. Most days i do.
Every day in the summer I wear a high SPF moisturiser. I know I should wear sun protection year round, but I hate how SPF products feel.
I do whenever I leave the house, yes. It's so, so important for the health of your skin, I wish more people realised that UVA rays can penetrate through clouds so you need some form of SPF even on cloudy days.

And for those saying they don't have time for sunscreen - a lot of moisturisers these days contain SPF so it's not like you'd have to spend time applying another product. There's also plenty out there for oilier skin as well.
In the summer I do most of the time when leaving the house and going for a walk or shopping. Wear a sunhat as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending