Fixed Braces Cost for crowded teeth

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I get use might not be able to advise anything, but I’m still asking lol. Is £4400 a reasonable price for fixed braces for crowded teeth? On their website they said the prices of fixed braces starts from £900 and now they’re asking me to pay £4400 lol. I get it said starts from £900, but I didn’t think it’ll go all the way to £4400. I’m just asking incase they’re not trying to rob me or something like that lol. I’ll be getting them from Liverpool Brace Place, I’m over 18 so it doesn’t come under NHS, I didn’t think my teeth were that bad that I’d need to pay that much for it. They don’t need to take any teeth out, just need to straighten them
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
I paid around £2000-2500 for just my upper jaw over 10 years ago. So sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I paid around £2000-2500 for just my upper jaw over 10 years ago. So sounds pretty reasonable to me.
Ahh right, yeah my total price is for both upper & lower so yeah in that case it does sound reasonable
Anonymous #1
I get use might not be able to advise anything, but I’m still asking lol. Is £4400 a reasonable price for fixed braces for crowded teeth? On their website they said the prices of fixed braces starts from £900 and now they’re asking me to pay £4400 lol. I get it said starts from £900, but I didn’t think it’ll go all the way to £4400. I’m just asking incase they’re not trying to rob me or something like that lol. I’ll be getting them from Liverpool Brace Place, I’m over 18 so it doesn’t come under NHS, I didn’t think my teeth were that bad that I’d need to pay that much for it. They don’t need to take any teeth out, just need to straighten them
Oop I forgot to mention, I’d be happy knowing how much use paid for yours so I can understand better
Dr Chris Dentist
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Anonymous,

Each case is specific to each patient which is why costs can vary greatly. In essence, it depends how complex your case is, if you have very severe crowding £4400 is reasonable. If you are a mild case then £4400 is on the higher side. Sometimes the total cost includes lots add ons such as retainers and whitening, in other case these are additional so you should find out exactly what the £4400 includes.

You are also welcome to inquire with other dental clinics, with many providing free consultations for teeth straightening.

I hope this helps,
Dr Chris
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Dr Chris Dentist)
Hi Anonymous,

Each case is specific to each patient which is why costs can vary greatly. In essence, it depends how complex your case is, if you have very severe crowding £4400 is reasonable. If you are a mild case then £4400 is on the higher side. Sometimes the total cost includes lots add ons such as retainers and whitening, in other case these are additional so you should find out exactly what the £4400 includes.

You are also welcome to inquire with other dental clinics, with many providing free consultations for teeth straightening.

I hope this helps,
Dr Chris
Thank you for your reply I’ve pm’ed you, would really appreciate it if you could check it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads