Harrytaylorj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi there,

I am currently in the second year of my course and have recently had a big change in my living situation that has greatly affected the amount of financial support I receive.

In January, my mum and her long-term boyfriend separated and she is now renting alone. In my first year of uni, I gave SFE their financial information and received the minimum loan as he was earning well over the maximum salary to receive any extra. In my second year, I didn't give SFE any of their financial information as I knew that their situation hadn't changed, therefore I received the minimum again. However, I can no longer afford to live at uni and need to change the amount of money I receive from SFE for the remaining payment this month. My mum earns less than £25,000 a year, therefore without her ex-boyfriends financial information included, I am entitled to the maximum loan.

The problem I have is that on the 'Change your application' section of my SFE account, I am unable to request a change in the amount of money I receive as I did not send SFE my mum and her ex-boyfriends financial information at the start of the year. It is showing that the maximum total I can request from them is the minimum loan amount, which is £4,168.

I am writing on here as I am in desperate need of some support with this and can't currently get in contact with SFE. Is it possible for me to receive a change in the amount of maintenance loan I get for this upcoming payment if I send them my mums financial information for the previous year?

Thank you.
Shaun SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Harrytaylorj)
Hi there,

I am currently in the second year of my course and have recently had a big change in my living situation that has greatly affected the amount of financial support I receive.

In January, my mum and her long-term boyfriend separated and she is now renting alone. In my first year of uni, I gave SFE their financial information and received the minimum loan as he was earning well over the maximum salary to receive any extra. In my second year, I didn't give SFE any of their financial information as I knew that their situation hadn't changed, therefore I received the minimum again. However, I can no longer afford to live at uni and need to change the amount of money I receive from SFE for the remaining payment this month. My mum earns less than £25,000 a year, therefore without her ex-boyfriends financial information included, I am entitled to the maximum loan.

The problem I have is that on the 'Change your application' section of my SFE account, I am unable to request a change in the amount of money I receive as I did not send SFE my mum and her ex-boyfriends financial information at the start of the year. It is showing that the maximum total I can request from them is the minimum loan amount, which is £4,168.

I am writing on here as I am in desperate need of some support with this and can't currently get in contact with SFE. Is it possible for me to receive a change in the amount of maintenance loan I get for this upcoming payment if I send them my mums financial information for the previous year?

Thank you.
Good Afternoon Harry,

Your mother would complete the PFF2 form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/...orm_2021_o.pdf and you would complete the include household income form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/...orm_2021_o.pdf and we can reassess the 20/21 application. She should also include a cover letter confirming when they separated and evidence of this, for example a council tax bill showing the single persons discount.

For 21/22 you would apply as normal and have your mother support the application online.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Harrytaylorj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Shaun SFE)
Good Afternoon Harry,

Your mother would complete the PFF2 form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/...orm_2021_o.pdf and you would complete the include household income form here > https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/2021/ft/...orm_2021_o.pdf and we can reassess the 20/21 application. She should also include a cover letter confirming when they separated and evidence of this, for example a council tax bill showing the single persons discount.

For 21/22 you would apply as normal and have your mother support the application online.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
Where/how do I send these forms? Thanks Shaun, really appreciate the help.
Shaun SFE
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Harrytaylorj)
Where/how do I send these forms? Thanks Shaun, really appreciate the help.
They can be uploaded to the online account or sent to the address on the document itself.

Warm Regards,

Shaun.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.44%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.78%
I need help with filling out the application form (5)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
40%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.56%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.22%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.44%

Watched Threads